javasup.vxd

Thread: javasup.vxd

javasup.vxd

does anyone know why all of a sudden this file comes up "can't find" at windows start-up? It has happened to several people I know who, of course, swear they never touched or installed anything. What program uses it and what are the consequences if I remove the error-causing reference in the registry (Win95b)
    "Tough Times Don't Last, Tough People Do"

Darren Wilson
    I have had this problem with a system this week turned out to be faulty RAM.

Give it a try but you might have to reinstall the OS.

other than reinstalling?
    Hi

3fingersalute

Huh?....Please explain what you are talking about, because I am confused!!

Ok, first when i boot to win 98, there came a "can't find" error message. Then it tell me to press space bar and after that it came some more error, which is javasup.vxd utixd.vxd, vnetbios.vxd and kernel386. Then it came with a shut down screen.

So after that i boot with win startup disk and run scan disk. It fix my hard disk and a directory appear form nowhere call dir00001. It containt some micromedia file like flash, shockwave.... But my comp still unbootable.

Now I would like to know how to fix it and if it is the ram causing the troble, y?
    Hi

I hope some guys gonna help me for a quickier way than reinstalling my win98SE.
    Hi

javasup.vxd

After hours of searching for this file and finding only rip off sites that want to charge you for downloading javasup.vxd I finally found a site that gives it for free.

D/load it and use winzip (free evaluation version avaible) to load it into your windows/sytem folder.

The error that occurs during boot up will vanish. Voila!

Hope this helps.

Site here: http://win-files.net/files/javasup.vxd.php

Well welcome to wd forums neo111, & thanks for your input - nobody else bothered with any for 4 years !

I will observe though that the file you've spent so long searching for, javasup.vxd which is part of the java runtime enviroment, could be unpacked using the extract command from whatever .cab file it may live in on a 95/98 system cd.

javasup

I tried to find the javasup file on my win98SE disk. I searched every singles cab file but it was not there. Finally I found it on the web and posted it for others.

Quote Originally Posted by neo111
    ..searched every singles cab file but it was not there..
    Javasup.vxd is supposed to be in the Win98_54.cab File according to this Windows 98 Second Edition CD-ROM Directory Listing (12 of 14) , but however you found it is ok with me .Now folks can either download it or look for it if they choose .

javasup.vxd win 98se

Best 4 this missing thinger is to boot up system and after you are in, reinstall win 98se from the cd or dvd disk....this will keep all your drivers and fix that problem

In The Backyard With PeckerWood.My Pet Bird.LOL
    Good point.
    "We Must Have Toliver Gravy!"Said The Bloody
    Little Yellow Lumbermen To The Forum King.

other than the fact that this thread was from 2001, the fact that scandisk found the files and put them in a dir called 00001 means the hard drive was developing bad sectors..and a win98 install wouldnt fix a win95b problem anyway...the wayback machine must be working!
    Computer Rescue Service

"those who do not remember history are condemned to repeat it."