Internet Explorer error

Thread: Internet Explorer error

Post Internet Explorer error

I get an illegal operation error in IE when I go onto MSN.COM and check my hotmail account. When I click on details it says the error is from MSHTMLED.DLL at 016f:70f433a3. How can I get this to stop? It doesn't happen all the time. Please help.

------------------
    Jared
    Jared

Roberth1

Originally posted by Jared Job:
    I get an illegal operation error in IE when I go onto MSN.COM and check my hotmail account. When I click on details it says the error is from MSHTMLED.DLL at 016f:70f433a3. How can I get this to stop? It doesn't happen all the time. Please help.

You seem to be suffering from the same random type of error as I posted just before you except in my case my error is MSHMTl.

Cant help you solve it but if you get some info would be greatful you copy me, maybe it will solve mine.
    Besy Regards
    Robert

What release of IE are you using 4, 5 or 5.01
    If you are using anything less than 5.01 update IE to 5.01

I have the latest version of IE

------------------
    Jared
    Jared

furlong47

When you say latest version you mean 5.5? Beta or final? If its the beta that could be the problem, my brother had the same thing happen to him with Hotmail and the 5.5 beta. If that's the case, the 5.5 final is out now I would try that and see how it goes.

How do I know if I have the beta version or the final version? I checked under help then "about internet explorer"

------------------
    Jared
    Jared

furlong47

When you go to About Internet Explorer look at the version number
    5.50.4030.2400 is the 5.5 Beta
    5.50.4134.0600 is the 5.5 final
    5.50.4308.2900 is the 5.5 final with advanced security patch

If you are running 5.5 final I have also heard that doing a registry clean-up can help with the errors... if that doesnt work then going back to IE version 5.01 SP1. I have heard a lot of people unhappy with IE 5.5 crashing and having errors all the time.

Blackhawk

Smile

Have you tried using SFC to replace the offending dll? Just a thought.

<html>
    Blackhawk
    ------
    =====================
    Illegitimis non carborundum.
    =====================
    [email protected] <ahref="mailto:[email protected]">
    </a>
    </html>

[This message has been edited by Blackhawk (edited November 18, 2000).]

DocPC

Run the IE repair tool. Go to control panel>add/remove programs/Micrsoft Internet explorer etc>highlight it and click add/remove. You will get a menu with 3 options. Choose to repair. That failing, choose the return to previous windows configuration, the re-run IE5.5 again.

jeffthor

the hotmais is having an isue right now and Ive seen some errors due to this.

no mercy

Cool

The smart people at Microsoft have managed to make two more of there own programs incompatible. If you are running Iexplorer 5.5 and using your Hotmail composer you will get an Illegal Operation if you dont wait for the rich text format with the grey tool bar to appear. Just wait a few seconds before typing and the tool bar will appear then you can type and not get an error.