HELP PLEASE

Thread: HELP PLEASE

Post HELP PLEASE

Sorry for caps, but need help badly.

Bought 300 blank discs today and 10 cd-rw discs as i have 9gb of music to burn onto disc and really need to get it done (I'm on 56k and don't want to lose them).

Anyways, i tried first off just testing burning a song onto cd-rw as if it went wrong, it wouldn't matter as cd-rw can be overwritten, anyways, i got this error.

T0100: I/O error (04/09/00) - CD-Recorder error - track following error
    T7127: TrackWriter error - Flush failed
    T7118: TrackWriter error - Command retry failed

I use Easy Cd Creator as nero doesn't work with my burner.

Anyone got any help pls, im desperate, thanks!

Ross

BTW, i'm using Windows 98.

Try slowing your burn speed down.

I get that error when the burner goes to fast for the CDR media.

Generic disks do that too!

Good luck,

Laggy

Hi, it never worked

I done it at 4x, im no expert on burning but i don't think that is very fast? The discs i have it says on the front '2x to 4x can be burned at', not those exact words but ye, hehe..Thanks

How has your burner performed in the past? If it's new you might consider taking it back for an exchange. If it's new then I would have to say faulty media. Try one of the cd-r's (not rw's) and see if it works. (you got 300 so I don't think 1 will matter will it? )
    "I feel like one of those mass murderers on death row. I never understood how the hell they got more chicks than I did. Now I know. They sold crap on eBay." -- Anonymous ebayer

"I figured out what's wrong with life: it's other people." -- Dilbert

Its not new, i havent burned much with it, some of it worked before, while i also sometimes gets problems with it in the past, im sooo desperate as i said, i can't lose all this stuff and badly need it burned onto disc.

is your hard drive going bad that you need to back them up quickly? If so, invest in a new 20gig hdd for 100$or so and just copy them. Also if you think the software is the problem try NTI cd maker you can find a 30 day/20 use trial <a href="http://download.ntius.com/trials/" target="_blank">HERE</a> Burning that much at 4x will take a day or so.......
    "give a man a fish, and he will eat a meal, teach a man to fish...."

Lightbulb

Depending on your model, there might be a firmware update from the manufacturer which might fix this. Obvious, but make sure that no other app is working in background (antivirus,etc...)

Hi.

I will try out NTI cd maker, thanks.

And i need to burn them ASAP because

a)If my comp goes wrong, i'll be mightily pissed off as i downloaded most on a 56k.

b)I'm getting a new comp soon.

Im not a computer expert, so what ddo you mean by getting new hard drive and copying it to there? Im from England, so 20 gig HD won't cost much, could you explain what you mean andhow that works please?

Thanks

Oh, and my cd-rw came with the comp from the people i bought it from, this is what it says under system settings

LD-CD-RW CED-8042B ?

[Edited by KINGofBLEH]

Just saw your other thread. Have you had any luck burning the MP3s as a data CD?

Another app you might try is CDRwin. A demo can be downloaded <a href="http://www.goldenhawk.com/" target="_blank">here.</a>
    L

Welcome to four more years of the most dangerous presidency in history.

No m8.

I don't think it is the software, i reckon it is my cd-rw, but as i said, i am no expert on what to do, i badly need the music stored first and for most, preferably on disc but just stored somehow, as you can imagine how pissed of i will be if i lose it.

I'll e mail you with directions. If all you're worried about is backing up the mp3's for now, the easiest way will be to either network the 2 computers (once you get the new one) and copy them, or pull the hard drive and connect it temporarliy to the new machine, copy the files then replace it. I understand your concern, I have 20 gig of files that i'd hate to lose.....
    "give a man a fish, and he will eat a meal, teach a man to fish...."