[RESOLVED] Cannot install software in Win95

Thread: [RESOLVED] Cannot install software in Win95

Seldon

Post Cannot install software in Win95

Hi, I am having a promblem with installing certain software on my system. I am running on a homebuilt system.

SYSTEM SPECS
    This system includes an 233mmx processor with jumperless Chaintech 5TTM1 motherboard, Seagate Medalist 4.3 gig hard drive partitioned into C: and D:, Acer 640a 40x multiread CD-ROM drive on drive E:, and Innovision 16meg Mighty Voodoo Banshee, OPL3-SAX Yamaha sound card, 56k V.90 U.S. Robotics Modem, and a sony floppy drive. I am running Windows 95 version 4.00.950a, with 32megs of SDRAM.

I am trying to install some game demos off my Maximum Pc magazine demo disks. I also tryed to install an addon to my game Jedi Knight called BFP2, and have now found out that almost anything I try to install gives me and error. Some of the demos like Half Life i could install but not play, the menu would come up but when you acctually tryed to play the game it would just take me back to windows. The other games, and BFP2, would not even install, it would come up with the following error.

Setup is unable to decompress and copy all of the program files needed to proceed with the installation. Contact your software vendor.

Error 112

I have no clue to what this could be, I have programs running on my computer that now when I run the install command give me that same error, maby a problem with the old version of windows I am using. If you could please help I would really appreciate it. I would really like to be able to run this software. I am currently running these games: Jedi Knight, StarCraft, MSFlightSim 98, and Star Trek:Birth of the Federation, and well as Mechwarrior 3. All these games work on my system now, but will not install due to the same error. Maby that will help you determine to problem, I don't know.

Again thanks for taking a look at my problem.

My email is [email protected]
    John Jennings

I would try another CDROM first
    An obstacle is something you see when you take your eyes off your goal.

I just checked Microsoft TechNet...

Error 112 is "Out of Disk Space".

Check the drive you are trying to install the program to...are you almost out of disk space? If so, you need to either unload some of your programs (use Start | Settings | Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs), compress your drive (use Start | Programs | Accessories | System Tools | DriveSpace), or get a bigger hard drive. Of course, there are other options, such as removable media of various types.

Let us know if this helps...

something_todo
    Where is MS TechNet....?

And where can I find the site?