[RESOLVED] Cannot Load Software in windows95

Thread: [RESOLVED] Cannot Load Software in windows95

Seldon

Post Cannot Load Software in windows95

Thanks to the people that sent replies to the first letter I posted, but I regret to inform you that your suggestions will not work. First I know that it isn't my CD-Rom because it gives me the same error when I try to load stuff that I unzipped off the net. As to the reply about not having enough hard drive space, I have 1.50 gigs free on c:, and 1.40 gigs free on d:. I am sorry That I did not post this imformation on the first letter, but hope that It will let someeone be able to figure this out. I appreciate any help I can get, and would like to really get this problem fixed. As I said in the first letter, I am running under the A version of win95, but have aquired the B version and will be upgrading my computer to that. I would still like to fix this problem before I do it, so I will in clude my original letter for those of you who did not reply to my letter.

Hi, I am having a promblem with installing certain software on my system. I am running on a homebuilt system.

SYSTEM SPECS
    This system includes an 233mmx processor with jumperless Chaintech 5TTM1 motherboard, Seagate Medalist 4.3 gig hard drive partitioned into C: and D:, Acer 640a 40x multiread CD-ROM drive on drive E:, and Innovision 16meg Mighty Voodoo Banshee, OPL3-SAX Yamaha sound card, 56k V.90 U.S. Robotics Modem, and a sony floppy drive. I am running Windows 95 version 4.00.950a, with 32megs of SDRAM.

I am trying to install some game demos off my Maximum Pc magazine demo disks. I also tryed to install an addon to my game Jedi Knight called BFP2, and have now found out that almost anything I try to install gives me and error. Some of the demos like Half Life i could install but not play, the menu would come up but when you acctually tryed to play the game it would just take me back to windows. The other games, and BFP2, would not even install, it would come up with the following error.

Setup is unable to decompress and copy all of the program files needed to proceed with the installation. Contact your software vendor.

Error 112

I have no clue to what this could be, I have programs running on my computer that now when I run the install command give me that same error, maby a problem with the old version of windows I am using. If you could please help I would really appreciate it. I would really like to be able to run this software. I am currently running these games: Jedi Knight, StarCraft, MSFlightSim 98, and Star Trek:Birth of the Federation, and well as Mechwarrior 3. All these games work on my system now, but will not install due to the same error. Maby that will help you determine to problem, I don't know.

Again thanks for taking a look at my problem.

My email is [email protected]
    John Jennings

I saw this first time and someone told you error 112 meant your hd was full? It does but I don't think the reply covered all the bases, Try locating your temporary directory, and deleteing everthing in that, then run again see if error 112 goes away.