[RESOLVED] WINDOWS WON'T START UP

Thread: [RESOLVED] WINDOWS WON'T START UP

DATABOY

Resolved [RESOLVED] WINDOWS WON'T START UP

It's happened again...can't start windows or get past the COMPAQ screen. I keep Cntr-alt-dlte and try the control key to try to get in safe mode...fine and did a registry check and sys file check all is ok..I even backed up to the day before when all was working well. Sometimes I even get the Windows98 screen but then the screen goes black and the hard drive light shuts off...I try to boot with 5 different floppy bootdisks but I get error saying cannot find A drive or the floppy is invalid....plse help!!!!! I'm about to give the whole pc a real boot..P.S. I have 475mhz with a 10gig HD and a 20gig HD and recently added more memory now have 256mb ram everything was working perfectly one minute and now it won't start...maybe the logo screen has a conflict......i don't know...I'm on my work pc...thanx

Jpbtennisman

Are you saying you can't get into safe mode? Because F8 is safe mode, not Control Alt Delete.

When you put in the memory did this start? Try reseating the RAM.

------------------
    "I don't care if it's called the Crap-tastic 9000! If it's good, I'm getting it." - Me

Mistake #6:
    "If we got a new webmaster, you would get permanently banned and your Word Association post would be closed."

Antec SX840, AMD Athlon 1400@1584 STABLE, Epox 8K7A+, IBM 60GXP 40GB, 20GB Maxtor 7200RPM, Plextor 16x10x40, Pioneer Slot-Loading DVD-ROM, Yamaha 8x8x24 Firewire CD-RW, Maxtor 80GB external Firewire hard drive, ATI All-In-Wonder RADEON 32MB DDR, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, Realtek NIC (blech), 1394 card, Thermalright Sk6 with Thermaltake 31cfm

Vette2000

Smile

OK don't kill me or throw things at me, but I work on mainly Compaq's all day long and I've seen this many times. When the red Compaq screen comes up hit F10 to get into the BIOS setup, then choose set defaults, then hit F10 again to save changes then exit. The computer will reboot and it should boot all the way up again. Hope this helps

------------------
    If walking is so good for you, then why does my mailman look like Jabba The Hut?