[RESOLVED] computer not booting correctly

Thread: [RESOLVED] computer not booting correctly

eddy1911

computer not booting correctly

I have a Pentium 100 with a couple of hard drives. I have gone into CMOS and detected my hard drives and made sure that they are entered in right. Most of the time my computer will boot up just fine with no problem. But sometimes during the boot process where the hard drive takes over the boot process it just hangs. It shows the light on for the hard drive but nothing happens. Could this be a bad hard drive cable? Motherboard? BIOS? The hard drive is new. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Eddy

You don't say what motherboard you have but my guess is that it cannot handle the size of the new hd. Also if the jumpers are not set correctly you will have these problems, especially when it comes to Western Digitak Hard Drives. It could also be possible that you may need to use ez-bios.
    "The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is comprehensible."-Albert Einstein

Darren Wilson
    MzCPU is absoloutly correct there. If the board is a relativly new model then I would also flash the BIOS to the latest revision.

One last note: MZCpu authoriose my ICQ request please!!!!!!!!!

------------------
    Who got game???? I know I do!!!!!!!

visit me @ http://www.ace-computers.co.uk