[RESOLVED] ez-bios

Thread: [RESOLVED] ez-bios

daddyo0220

ez-bios

how do i get ez-bios off my computer. with out a ez-bios boot disk?

Try this.

1.) Get a bootable diskette with FDISK.EXE on it.

2.) Boot 'clean' from the diskette (i.e.: no CONFIG.SYS or AUTOEXEC.BAT)

3.) At the A:\> prompt, enter the following command:

FDISK /MBR
    ...that's FDISK, followed by a space, a 'forward-slash', and MBR.

4.) After a second or two, the A:\> prompt will return. The system should now be rebooted and the hard-drive partitions re-defined.

!!!WARNING!!! This 'brute-force' procedure is just that, brutal. Any and all data on that hard-drive will be lost! Re-partitioning a hard-drive with FDISK will erase data! For a kinder, gentler approach to removing EZ-Drive or DrivePro Boot Code, see the FAQ, 'New Hardware supports LBA, how do I safely remove EZ-BIOS?'

Whenever doing the FDISK /MBR command, it may be desirable to double-check the CMOS parameters and see that they are correct for the drive.

"The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is comprehensible."-Albert Einstein

why don't you just download the newest version of EZbios, install it then uninstall it. I have run fdisk /mbr without losing data, however fdisk will erase all, but I would do the EZbios thing, safer.
    "Tough Times Don't Last, Tough People Do"

redcow
    FDISK/MBR shouldn't destroy any data.
    I've used it a number of times to fix user boot problems. All it does is rebuild the 'master boot record'

FatPie
    I installed ez-bios (something of a mis-leading name, eh?) and the only way I've found of getting around it is by using a different HD to boot of, or a floppy.