after i format my pc ..
    i restart it .
    it detects my hdd and cd rom
    but when it searching for dunnoe what
    there is an invaild driver disk
    why ???
    pls help
    thanxc

Yes, that's right. When you format a drive you are erasing all the information on the drive including the boot information and operating system. You will need a boot disk (floppy) and your windows disk inorder to set the machine up again.

fijisan

Wink

RGK01, an extension to lyson's question,
    ive got my win98 boot disk with some cdrom drivers, and my win98 cd for a new clean install, however, i cant get my cdrom to work. once my system boots up and prompts me in drive a:, i then type d:setup, but i get a msg "cdr101: not ready drive E...abort,retry,fail?" it it my cdrom drivers?
    (the oldest rookie in the world!)

cheras

Lightbulb

Originally posted by fijisan:
    ive got my win98 boot disk with some cdrom drivers, and my win98 cd for a new clean install, however, i cant get my cdrom to work. once my system boots up and prompts me in drive a:, i then type d:setup, but i get a msg "cdr101: not ready drive E...abort,retry,fail?" it it my cdrom drivers?
    Hmmm.... did you check if the MSCDEX.EXE is loaded..??

pga

Originally posted by RGK01:
    Yes, that's right. When you format a drive you are erasing all the information on the drive including the boot information and operating system.
    Ummm...

er...

uhh....

to put it in simpler terms, when you tell the movers to come and take everything out of your house, generally you expect the house to be empty.

As RGK01 said... you'll have to reload Windows.

[This message has been edited by pga (edited November 12, 2000).]

sprkymrk

Originally posted by fijisan:

If you typed d:\setup you are trying to run setup from the virtual (ram) drive. Your cd letter is backed up one letter. try e:\setup.

------------------
    Sparky Mark
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you.