GA-bx2000+ BEEPING

Thread: GA-bx2000+ BEEPING

Post GA-bx2000+ BEEPING

I am having trouble with the mobo beeping like crazy. I have tried re seating, removing everything but proccessor and ram. Boots to windows fine, but keeps beeping. Please help

thanks in advance.

Bios version?
    # of Beeps?
    o/s?
    I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.

beeps=One high piched, then a lower pich and a even lower pich. last 2 beeps repeat.
    os= win 98se
    bios= Fc (Aug.08, 2001)

Hardware Monitoring Alarm. Disable it in the BIOS or check that the HSF or other fans are operating correctly.
    w00t

hsf?

Sounds to me like ram try replacing the Ram with a friends or if you have more try that to see.
    or if you have two sticks put the in one at a time.
    I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.

no go on that one. I tried gigbyte and they won't respond. I want a new board.

[quote]Originally posted by Cody:
    hsf?

HSF = Heatsink & Fan.

Take it from me that it is the Hardware Monitor in the BIOS warning that either a Fan is not spinning correctly (or attached to the onboard power connector & not contacting the RPM monitor pin) or the temperature alarm (or Chassis open) setting is set too low.

I have used these boards in the past & seen this.

If it was RAM Danimal, then the board wouldn't post (as it seems it is from the original post by Cody). RAM faults are generally always on Award BIOS a single beep repeated, not a warbled sounding beep (as described)like the Hardware monitor.
    w00t

[quote]Originally posted by JWW:

HSF = Heatsink & Fan.

Take it from me that it is the Hardware Monitor in the BIOS warning that either a Fan is not spinning correctly (or attached to the onboard power connector & not contacting the RPM monitor pin) or the temperature alarm (or Chassis open) setting is set too low.

I have used these boards in the past & seen this.

If it was RAM Danimal, then the board wouldn't post (as it seems it is from the original post by Cody). RAM faults are generally always on Award BIOS a single beep repeated, not a warbled sounding beep (as described)like the Hardware monitor.

I agree on this one. I have seen many boards that give out beeps that sound like ambulance sirens.
    This one is surely due to HSF or Temp. sensor setting set to low in the BIOS.

favourite site : http://windrivers.com.
    favourite
    page :
    http://forums.windrivers.com/cgi-bin/forum3/ultimatebb.cgi

Ok, in the bios I disabled all alarms. Still beebing. I adjusten the temp all the way up. no go. Now it won't reconize my hd. flashed bios to new one. but still a no go