mouse pointer

Thread: mouse pointer

Post mouse pointer

Every once in awhile my mouse pointer for no reason disappears when I open a progam that has another part to open on my desktop.
    exmple, progams...acessories...etc.
    I can still move the mouse around the screen
    highlighting everything it touchs, but the pointer can not be seen. I have cleaned my mouse , tried a different mouse but still it comes back. I have to move the mouse around untill it highlights the start progam , go in and then use the key board (because no pointer ) and press enter to restart the computer. Usally this corrects the problem , however it comes back later.

What kind of mouse are you using? Does it have any kind of special software or drivers that you installed? If yer using win98, use the system file checker to check for corrupted files. More info would be helpful....

Sounds like a video/graphics issue. try to modify the graphics performance settings in the system properties. turn it down one notch.
    It's good to be the King.

It's a software problem. Probably due to the mouse driver or software. Also possible that the video driver causes it. If you're using "special" cursors, I would revert to the standard cursor and see if the problem goes away. I would also shut down the mouse utility program (if you have any, it should be in the right side of the taskbar), and see if that helps. If not, lower the resolution.

The same thing happens to me. I never got a good answer so good luck. I hope that problem will be answered for the both of us.
    le blog de goodespeler - bandape.com

I have gone into display and under settings changed from 16 to 32 true color and this has seem to solve the problem for now. I will keep an eye on it to see if if reappears . thanks to all who replied

Originally posted by tron2000years:
    I have gone into display and under settings changed from 16 to 32 true color and this has seem to solve the problem for now. I will keep an eye on it to see if if reappears . thanks to all who replied
    in that case, video & mouse drivers may be required.
    Mr Miyagi, by any other name... (is this sig short enough?)