[RESOLVED] Virtual Memory

Thread: [RESOLVED] Virtual Memory

jfesler

Resolved [RESOLVED] Virtual Memory

Ok, does anyone know the proper way to optimize Virtual Memory, so that you don't get the "Out of Virtual Memory" error, all the time. I have this going on, on a couple of different servers, SQL and Exchange. I can set the minimum and maximum virtual memory to what is suggested, but I still get the errors..
    (Note: This started happening after installing Norton Antivirus Enterprise)
    Thanks.

How much RAM do you have in the servers?

What we have done on our Exchange server was set the Page file to 1100MB but it has 768MB of RAM and on our SQL server the page file is 500MB for 384MB of ram. I would suggest using 128MB (Min and Max) over the amount of RAM that is in the server.

If nothing else, keep making it bigger until you no longer get the error messages.

SJ
    SJ
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Its hard for a computer to make up for lack of user intelligence!!!

jfesler

Smile

Thank you for the reply, I have 256MB in each server. I will try your suggestions. I have another problem with Exchange, if you have any suggestions. I often get the Dr. Watson error with store.exe. It is caused by a "bad" message. I know how to fix the problem, but it seems there should be a way to try and get Exchange to deal with the problem without shutting down the information store.

Thanks!!!

What servers pack do you have for Exchange? I have not seen that problem before, what do you mean by a "bad" message?

SJ
    SJ
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Its hard for a computer to make up for lack of user intelligence!!!