[RESOLVED] Need help deleting Corrupt Files on winNT

Thread: [RESOLVED] Need help deleting Corrupt Files on winNT

pedrov

Resolved [RESOLVED] Need help deleting Corrupt Files on winNT

I have files on winnt server that are corrupted and server won't let me delete them. This files size is 0 Kbytes and when i select them and try to delete them it gives me an error: "cannot delete filename: the file or directory is corrupt and non readable" I can't rename them either. Is there a way to remove those files or a program that can help me?

If they are system files reinstall from disk. If not Norton System works is good
    Must not strangle users. Repeat. Must not strangle users.

chkdsk ...

pedrov

done many thins and nothing seems to work, this files are created by an imaging sowtware called docuware 4.1 this files were on an external hard drive tower conected to my raid controller, the hard drive tower has scsi LVD H.Drives, and they were not terminated correctly not using proper terminator on tower .so some of the data was getting corrupted(this lasted for more than 6 months until they hired me & found the problem). i called adaptec for support to correct my hardware issue, hardware is fine now but iI still have some of those files. I have used chkdisk and no help. I would not like to format my drive.

MOF1sh

Sounds like some part of the program is loaded in mem on the Server or Workstations... Kill all processes linked to that program on all Computers with the software... Then try deleteing the corrupted files.

well it may seem simplistic but try NTFS for DOS
    www.sysinternals.com