[RESOLVED] DHCP Issues

Thread: [RESOLVED] DHCP Issues

madcozzy

Resolved [RESOLVED] DHCP Issues

Hello-

Have an issue that others might have encountered. I have a single-subnet network, with 170 addresses in my DHCP scope. I have about 4% free at any given time. Lately, I have been getting about 7 to 8 bad addresses; you take them out, and they come right back (not always the same IP's). Any ideas? Just wondering if anyone has had similar issues.

Thanks

Mmmm
    Got an internet/modem connection? Assigning addresses?? Could be the machine reserving these (ain't it one more than the ports available?)

Just a thought

Good luck

I've had this problem before as well but never found an answer...Maybe it is a couple of bad nics.
    To each his/her own.

madcozzy

Thanks for the ideas. I'm kind of partial to the NIC-as-a-culprit theory myself, but wanted to get some fresh heads into the mix. As for the internet/dial-up thing, not really applicable on this system. But thanks for the help-any new ideas are appreciated.

The bad NIC idea is the best. I came into this same problem. I narrowed it down to several PCs and found...bad NICs. You may need to find the NICs. more than likely they are broadcasting like crazy and hosing your bandwidth. If you have one broadcast domain then this may cause problems in the future.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein

MOF1sh

Do you know what computers are creating the bad IP's?

ping -a 192.168.0.?