Best Proxy Server???

Thread: Best Proxy Server???

Post Best Proxy Server???

What is the best proxy server for NT Server 4.0?

1) Cost is important - the cheaper the better

2) Ease of configurablity

I'm new to setting up any advanced server functions, but have set up servers as simple file servers.

My plan is cable modem into server, 2nd nic to hub, etc.
    -- I still do not understand the rampant growth of stupidity in this country.
    <a href="http://www.tabletop-battlezone.com" target="_blank">The TableTop BattleZone</a>

I've delt with wingate and MS proxy and both kinda suck. I use a linksys dsl router and will never go back. My headaches have been reduced to 0. Go with a router you'll like it much better.
    To each his/her own.

I'd go with a router, but I need to be able to access the server from other locations via ftp/pop3/etc, and I've yet to see a home router that will let me do that.
    -- I still do not understand the rampant growth of stupidity in this country.
    <a href="http://www.tabletop-battlezone.com" target="_blank">The TableTop BattleZone</a>

I personally run ICS with BlackICE as the firewall. A router is also an excellent choice, but I like to be able to monitor and track hacking attempts and trace them w/ Neotrace. In the past I have used Winproxy which combines the functions of ICS and BlackICE but is a bit of a resource hog.
    L

Welcome to four more years of the most dangerous presidency in history.

Originally posted by KoWind7:
    I'd go with a router, but I need to be able to access the server from other locations via ftp/pop3/etc, and I've yet to see a home router that will let me do that.
    so look for a small business router...little more expensive, but considering the alternative(MSProxy, Wingate, etc.) the cost will be worth it...especially if you add in the cost of an admin who has to constantly fuss with the software.
    ""in certain cases...one remains a philosopher only by being silent." -Friedrich Neitzsche "

Also just look for a router with virtual server support - it will automatically forward FTp traffic (for instance) to a host on you r lan that you specify - the D-Link router/proxy supports this feature.
    Death is lighter than a feather - duty heavier than a mountian.

The answer to your question is: 00110100 00110010

I use Proxy+. You can get it at www.tucows.com. The cost? It's a free 3 user license, but I'm sure you could find a serial for it at astalavista or something, not that I condone such piracy.
    DON'T PANIC