NT Domain across a WAN

Thread: NT Domain across a WAN

Arrow NT Domain across a WAN

I am looking at having to span an NT domain across multiple physical locations using a WAN. The WAN consists of T1's and T3's for our corporate backbone. The PDC will reside in one location with every other location having a BDC. I need to be able to replicate WINS, map drives, share files, authenticate users ... all the usual stuff as it would work inside a LAN. However, I am faced with having to configure routers and firewalls.

Does anyone have experience doing this? I am looking at opening ports 42, 53, 135, 137, 138, and 139. Microsoft makes reference to all ports above 1024 needing to be open for RPC communication, but if I open up 137-139 and enable NETBios over TCP, will it work?

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
    Brian

bernieb

Get the machines working togeather in a domain on one site first. Then put a packet sniffer on your network log in and watch to see what ports are in use when you do stuff. Then you can ship the machines to site and program the firewalls with the info you got from the packet sniffer. - Simple.