IE for Win NT on DEC Alpha

Thread: IE for Win NT on DEC Alpha

Exclamation IE for Win NT on DEC Alpha

Not sure if anyone can help me on this one. I have just installed NT4 Workstation on a DEC Alpha 300XL workstation. I have the AXP version of SP6a installed but I appear to be stuck with IE 4.01. I can't find anything on MS's web site about newer versions that support the AXP platform. Does anyone know of whether IE went beyond ver. 4 for the Alpha or am I stuck? Thanks for your help.
    My brain went into standby mode and I can't get it to wake up, is there a BIOS patch for this?

I don't know about Alphas, but on x86, i would run IE5.5 without any issues.
    <Ferrit> Take 1 live chicken, cut the head off, dance around doing the hokey pokey and chanting: GO AWAY BAD VIRUS, GO AWAY BAD VIRUS
    -----------------------
    Windows 7 Pro x64
    Asus P5QL Deluxe
    Intel Q6600
    nVidia 8800 GTS 320
    6 gigs of Ram
    2x60 gig OCZ Vertex SSD (raid 0)
    WD Black 750 gig
    Antec Tri power 750 Watt PSU
    Lots of fans

If I were running it on an x86 based system I would go ahead and install IE6. Unfortunately Microsoft does not seem to have released a version of the browser for the AXP platform above 4.x. I can run a higher version but it requires an emulator on the system as well which kind of defeats the purpose.
    My brain went into standby mode and I can't get it to wake up, is there a BIOS patch for this?