[RESOLVED] Norton Ghost Rulez
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [RESOLVED] Norton Ghost Rulez

Coolio3001

Cool Norton Ghost Rulez

Norton Ghost rulez!

I've had Norton Ghost ,on my shelf, for a few months .Never bothered to use it until now.I was curious about what this utility could do so I decided to to backup my W2K fully configured system ( c:\drive ) to my other partition drive d:\ .The overall process took about 10 min than I formatted my c:\ .Next thing I know I am runnung Norton Ghost again to restore my system.It took probably not even 10 min and I got my system back exactly the way it was before.It was so perfect that I started questioning myself whether I'd had formatted my drive or not.

This Norton software is definately worth its price!

What is you opinion about this software?

rob_b

Use it every day, when upgrading customers Hard Drives ... one of my best tech tools. It's also fantastic for creating 'Restore' CD's for customers $$$$$$$$$ !!!!!!

------------------
    In just two days... tomorrow will be yesterday!!!

yea Ghost has to be my favorite software here at work. It saves us so much time its not even funny

------------------
    "You dumb bastard...it's not a schooner, it's a sailboat!"

Coolio3001

Thumbs up

Thank U for responding to my posting!

Norton Ghost is supposed to support all kinds of OS and file systems !Is that true?
    What are your experiences?

Did you know that U can create a bootable Norton Ghost CD by copying the boot disk onto a cd-rom using Nero boot disk emulation option (that is what I used).I found it pretty useful and if U use it a lot it as also faster...

DesertEagle

Ghost Enterprise kicks even more butt than regular Ghost. I set up a Ghost server and using MultiCast I have ghosted 100 machines at once and the best thing is the total bandwidth needed is the same as when I was ghosting one machine off the network the old way.

------------------
    "Don't Believe the Hype !!"
    Public Enemy

SNAFU

Talking

Norton Ghost...*sigh*...the most handy utility I own...*sighs again...fondly*

------------------
    Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for!!

godofuq

Talking

Wow it's a good enough commercial for me. I'm goin' to get it tomorrow!!!

------------------
    I feel like a little worm on a big f*****g hook.

Exclamation

Seems that all the experiences here are good, i have had it for a while but have yet to use it. havent even gone in to make the bootable floppy yet.

------------------
    It was like that when I got here! pig's a$$.
    It was like that when I got here!_ _ _ ___ _ _ _ pig's a$$.

Sparky625

Lessee... mulitcasting is my friend! &) Ghost definitely supports anything you can throw at it... it does low level sector reads or something, and doesn't worry about what language the FAT is in, or even if there is one. It's like Xeroxing something in Hebrew... so what if it's not [our] letters, still shows up on paper.

Anyone that doesn't have Ghost, and does any kind of re-install or backup more than once every month or so... needs to give Petey-boy some money.

$.05*40%

------------------
    Thank you for calling the support desk! How may I disconnect you today?

Using Norton Ghost Ver6.5.1 was 6.5 then did live update to take it to 6.5.1.
    Copys everything Win 2000 ,NT ,98,95 No errors.
    Older versions 5.0 didnt like NT or W2k.
    I use mine almost every day or every other day.
    Another Day in Paradise and I have to work.

Nick44

I use Ghost on my laptop weekly. I use my laptop to get onto clients network and troubleshoot. It a great tool, but the problem is when I get home I have to re-configure it. I made a bootable CD with my O/S and settings and in a matter of less then 10 minutes I'm back up and running with my personal O/s.
    No matter what I dump into my system during the day I know I'm only moments away from
    familiarity.

Darren Wilson

Used Ghost 6.5 yesterday (been using 5.1D for god knows how long) and I must say that I was impressed by the speed difference.

Have used Drive Drive Copy as Utility for Copying HDD Partitions Have Also used Ghost which was freeware at one time before Norton Copyrighted it. When I worked at the city I used TAPEBACKUP External.
    Computer Shop Owner A+ COMPTIA
    Tampa Bay Communications Inc
    http://www.smokinparts.com/smokinpartslogo

I just used Ghost this weekend to install 30 computers and burn-in software. I love it.

Question

I have a question about spanning to multiple computers.

Say you have a model computer you want to ghost onto 30 formatted but blank machines. How do you do this over a network connection since the blank machines can't jump onto the network. What version of Ghost does this and also how do you do it?