Feeling cheated.

Thread: Feeling cheated.

Thumbs down Feeling cheated.

Down with the feeble manufacturers.
    OK. I hope I am allowed to point the finger. Have any of you tried to get an update for a motherboard made by Award or Pheonix... Am I late to jump on this bandwagon? Has it been said before?
    I am a tecky who just lost my temper.. What kind of half-wit firm sends you to an outsource from who you are charged for bios updates. Take the money and run guys why dont you.
    Sorry but in my opinion that sucks... BIGTIME.

Cheers
    Scutterboy
    And Control Enter STILL wont let me post a reply.

I didn't know the Award and Phoenix made motherboards, I thought they just made BIOS chips. Thanks for the info.

Thumbs up

BAD.IRON
    Yeah you are right, they do make bios chips, but when it comes to finding a generic bios update for a board built around bios from these manufacturers why can't you go to them for support? You can trust NVidia to help out with GFX based on their product...
    I have certain boards from dead manufacturer's and I have this program which identifies exactly what is required but the site AWARD are affiliated with will charge me for something which should really be a free resource, my company have already paid out once why should we be charged more?
    Do I make sense or do you think I was just being harsh?

Cheers
    Scutter

Who is the maker of the actual Motherboard. You need to go the the Motherboard manufacturer for any BIOS updates. Not the BIOS chip manufacturer.

Scuterboy!
    If You needed help, describe Your MoBos fully and You will get it!
    I have for more than 10 years experience of repairing MB and low percent of unrepaired ones, so You can trust me.
    There is no points to call names, argue or something else. You could send me letter,and I would help You more.

Hi. The board manufacturer was Speedeasy? I've don't think I've seen boards from them before. I cant find anything about them either. I have the exact board number somewhere but the machine is working OK now so I'm going to leave the bios alone.

I guess no-one would agree with my original post about Award having any responsibility to end users? I guess it was a frustrated rant in any case.

Cheers
    Scutter

I have to say, what whereas number of manufacturers names increased significantly,they are usually produced same MB with different names(trade marks etc.) For example, Polaris 5ALi61 and Acorp 5ALi61 are absolutely same MB,so they have same BIOS code. So, I just want to say,there's no points looking for web site of "uknown" manufacturer. Much more better to find site of manufacturer who is produced absolutely same MB.Of course, it's difficult task,but nevertheless I have big experience to do so.
    And I would help somebody in difficult situation.

[This message has been edited by Ruslan (edited July 11, 2000).]