[RESOLVED] Your dream O/S ....
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [RESOLVED] Your dream O/S ....

Randolph

Resolved [RESOLVED] Your dream O/S ....

i wish i have a stable doesn't crash or hang, good and not boring GUI, cool programs, tons of useful applications, easy to use, 24/7 help support, good security, fast!!!, FREE !!!! whooohooo !!! i love it !!!!

------------------
    - Randolph - Win 95/98/NT/2000 error 683 : Timeout Error - Operator fell asleep waiting for system to boot into Windows -

Darren Wilson

Don't we all wish for an OS like this!!!

And before anyone says it Linux does crash and is not as easy to use as some make out.

------------------
    'I won't deny ya, I'm a straight Ridah, You don't wanna f#@k with me'
    Tupac Shakur
    '*****ionz as a Ridah'
    All Eyez On Me
    CD 1 Track 1.

QSECOFR

OS/400 fits most of that. No GUI (yet). It's stable, secure, doesn't hang or crash very often.

------------------
    OS/400...At least it's not Microsoft.

I use OS/2 which has all of that but bollocks to your 24x7 support. IBM still maintains that it will be supporting it until 2007, and even has a page which says that it's the recommended desktop OS: Click the link below for a good laugh (-:

http://www-4.ibm.com/software/os/warp/strategy/

------------------
    R. Bret Walker, CNE
    (I'm not a Master Tech, but I play one on TV)

Wondering what videos to rent this weekend? Check out The People's Reviews, movie reviews written for the people and by the people.
    R. Bret Walker, CNE
    (I'm not a Master Tech, but I play one on TV)

Wondering what videos to rent this weekend? Check out The People's Reviews, movie reviews written for the people and by the people.

StevePorter

Exclamation

Windows 2000, baby...

------------------
    Sometimes computer problems require extreme measures. Our hero, the Intrepid Spaceman Spiff, sets his blaster on "deep fat fry..."

opiate

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by StevePorter:
    Windows 2000, baby...

</font>
    right on!

------------------
    I didn't create this attitude, my mom and dad did...

dumb blonde

windows 2000 server dam! thing has been running 34 days with out shutdown or restart maybe a refreash here and there but that is it

------------------
    what will go wrong today???? never mind going back to bed

lycia69

Talking

Along with everyone's suggestion for a perfect OS, I would like a car that never breaks down, that Never NEEDS SERVICING. Also a Toaster that always toast the perfect toast..hmm now that I think I want a perfect Microwave. I REAL self cleaning Oven, self cleaning Refrig, self cleaning house! A carpet that vacuums itself, a dishwasher that Actually cleans the dishes and speaks english....the list could go on....

n8dawg

hahahahahahahahaaha i think i want a head that never hurts

------------------
    Impounded impressions of aggressive democracy see lil need to help poverty/
    A land of freedom? Of wealth? Of justice?
    I fear not for me, but for my children to wake up and see, that I am nothing but a slave
    In modern society

Thumbs up

Nope. Not me!
    I LOVE all Windows versions as they are! After all, what would we be if our customers used a Super-OS???

------------------
    "Matter is passive. In spite of its power, it can't be controlled without the human mind." - Sokrates

My Hardware Info, Hardware Media and Computer History page
    The wandering Odysseus of the web.

Smile

I run Windows 2000 and love it no problems with it at all. Just got Windows 2000 advanced server gonna upgrade my server this weekend to it to.

------------------
    When all else fails jiggle the cable and reboot.
    When all else fails jiggle the cable and reboot.

LagMonster

My Dream OS would be a very Stripped version.
    It would Only support my hardware and would not try and detect new hardware. I would manually install every driver to make sure the OS doesn't screw up.

Also have a game specific kernal so Every resource is dedicated to that game or app. And when your done you could reboot to normal!
    Imagine that.

derekb

Cool

That's an easy one, UNIX servers with NT or 2000 clients. If you had 2000 on all your clients I would have one 2000 advanced server running and the rest of them UNIX. In an ideal world I would just like to have a operating system that didn't blue screen. But then again if we had that we wouldn't be working. I love Bill Gates he keeps me employed!!! I can't wait for their next piece of crap OS!!!!

------------------
    Relaxing in the corporate world!

Talking

I'd like to see the Windows OS a little lighter in the resource use. Make the TSR mentality something like a limited resource so people don't clutter their computers with useless junk...or just limit the way TSRs are used on the OS. Maybe a little more in the way of backtracking a crash to something more concrete. Let the OS tell you what it thinks is wrong, even though a lot of the time, it could be several things.

I still use WIndows98se as my prime, less crashable OS. Millenium, Win2k, even XP so far, not supporting such a wide base of things yet....

-Sckott

Any Microsoft OS is my dream OS, cause my dream is to work on computers, so i guess I'm living my dream. Keep makin'em Billie Boy so I can keep gettin paid!!!

------------------
    Soylent Green is People!!!! Its made of People!!!!!
    I'd rather be riding my motorcycle
    "I gotta have more cowbell, baby" Bruce Dickinson(Christopher Walken)