[RESOLVED] Stupid questions asked by customers
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [RESOLVED] Stupid questions asked by customers

pcmauler

Resolved [RESOLVED] Stupid questions asked by customers

Just curious what totally ridiculous questions have been asked by customers...

had a lady come in yesterday that asked if she would be able to rent Windows ME from her local video store...
    couldn't help but laugh in her face

pcmauler

And another that wanted to "borrow" a $15 mouse...
    how cheap is that...

"What is Normal?" (in referance to Safe Mode, Bootlogged Mode, and Normal Mode)

------------------
    ***the Beast
    - I only came for the platypus soup
    ***the Beast
    - That's right...uh-huh... Who's laughing now? WHO'S LAUGHING NOW?!

Jallentino

I had a lady very interested in buying a new computer, she looked very sincere so I really tried to explain things to her. She said she was on a budget and wanted to know what kind of Computer I could build her for $35.00. That is not a typo. $35.00

She was shocked when I told her I could get her a nice calculator.

------------------
    "Dyin ain't much of a livin',boy"

MacGyver

LOL! I wonder what she's like on a car dealership lot....

------------------
    Tech: "You need to pack up your entire computer and bring it back in to us."
    Customer: "Why?"
    Tech: "BECAUSE YOU'RE TOO STUPID TO OWN A COMPUTER!"

Red face

I actually had someone insist that I show her the language translator in Word 97. She said someone had told her that there was one in Word, and she wouldn't take no for an answer. I was doing a training and had a document that was a page full of standard dummy text (the "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet consectetuer adipiscing elit" stuff). We were supposed to be doing some formatting and layout in Word. It took me quite a while to explain to this woman that the dummy text was NOT a foreign language, that it was just there for layout purposes, and that Word 97 did NOT have a foreign language translator in it.

Kathy2you

Angry

This all is too funny. I work from out of my home. Had someone call and ask me why her computer wouldn't boot into windows, that there is just a black screen that says "Non System Disk", so she got scared and shut the computer down...I told her to take the floppy disk out of the floppy drive and then turn the computer on...hmmm, it worked!

jimmr13

Cool

"Well what do you think?"
    "Can I get it by noon?"
    (Well it's 11:30 and you need
    a power supply, Mother board,
    Ram,Video card,Sound Card, Modem,
    Up graded to Win/98se.
    And you want it by noon? Right?)
    "Well maybe 1:00ish"
    (On a Saturday By 1:00 thats what you want?)
    " well It's kind of like this it's my Mother-in-laws computer and I was just trying to put in the new sound thing as a suprise"
    ( Try Monday Late ) Next time bring it in, before you kill it)
    "okay Monday, But she's going to kill me"
    (Well you have a nice weekend)

You Know Some people Should not open a Case,
    or just put a new card in Leave the old card in, leave the tools sitting on the mother board and fire it up!

------------------
    Sarcasm is just one more service we offer!

scout970

try this being asked to install win98se on a 486-33 with 8 megs of ram and a 340 meg hd and then the customer has nerve enough to argue that it will work because another shop in told him it would work ( they also sold him a agp vid card and a 52x creative cd-rom with assurances that they would work perfectly) i'm now in the process of building him a duron system and had the pleasure of listening to an old navy man explain exactly what he thought of the other shop over the phone

i loved it

------------------
    Ignorance can be fixed , but stupidity is forever

rob_b

Had a customer come in with a Packard Bell that wouldn't boot... Faulty Primary IDE Controller channel (what a surprise!!!), so we sold him a Celeron Upgrade -- Gigabyte Mobo, Celeron 633 & 64Mb Ram installed, runs great but now he's arguing that we should have fixed his mobo... so he's gonna take his old Mobo home & get it to work
    HA HA HA HA HA

------------------
    In just two days... tomorrow will be yesterday!!!

bohr

Thumbs down

Had a lady phone asking if we could loan her a monitor while she sent her defective one back for manufacturer's warranty even though her 2 year warranty through us had expired approx. 6 months ago. We only give out loaners within our 2 year warranty if one of our monitors we sell to a customer fries. Never invest in Sceptre's again.

------------------
    RRRRR!!!! PUNY HUMAN CUSTOMER MAKE HULK MAAAADDDD!! THAT'S BAAAAADDDDDDD!!!!! HULK WILL NOW SMASH PUNY HUMAN'S COMPUTER !!!!! AAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

"No Man, there is no way in the world that you can installl win2k on your 486SX with 16MB of ram..."

------------------
    It Works Better if you Plug it in, It Works far better if you Turn it ON!
    Real stupidity beats Artifical Intelligence

CobraTekMax

"Can you teach me how to do what you do?"

Riiiiight.

------------------
    "COMPAQ.

They are not created on a manufacturing facility's floor, they are spewed forth from the bowels of Hell."

-Renee

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CobraTekMax:
    "Can you teach me how to do what you do?"

Riiiiight.

</font>
    Yeah, I've gotten that one a few times.....

------------------
    Men's view of Women: All your sex are belong to us...
    Women's view of Men: All your attention, time, and money are belong to us....
    "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."

pumpkinhead77

I dont see hoe some people can be so stupid, were we that dumb when we started using pc's?

The classic is "If I put in more ram,faster cpu will the internet run faster?"

------------------
    If it's not broken....Fix it!