[RESOLVED] How do you react?!?! - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: [RESOLVED] How do you react?!?!

format.c

well a tech is a tech, it's not gender based it's thought based. We have one female in our department (I trained her so she's damn good) but I would trade a couple of techs we have now for a female. (a cute one would be a bonus mind you), sorry, I'm still male. : )

I subscribe to the way of thinking that says, "If you're good, you're good.", no matter what you're sex. But, in reality, I have never seen a female tech that was as compotent as a male tech. Granted, this may just be because of the are in which I live and work, but still a fact nevertheless. It's not that I think that it isn't possible, I just haven't experienced it first hand.

Same thing used to happen in my old career field.

If only i had a $ for every guy who called a female cop "honey", when they were trying to get out of a ticket.

(And in the military for that matter, something about women with guns---no make that weapons---that intimidates frail men)

If you can do the job, nothing else matters about you.

I do not think it matters, one way or the other. I have been a manager for over 15 years and have never looked at the outside of a person to judge their degree of experience in their field. If they are qualified, they get hired...end of story!

Cool

I spent 1 1/2 years on the road with a female tech installing servers and a database project.....she was probably the most knowledgeable tech we had on the team

Solkanar

Talking

I'm afraid that when I see a woman, the first thing that comes to mind is if she's attractive. When it's a tech woman, it's that much better because you know you can share an interest that will be important for both of you. Sports usually doesn't do it for women, shopping usually doesn't do it for guys. (There are always exceptions of course) Basically, send me in the female techs so I can try and take one home with me!