Asus TUSL2-C M/B, IBM deskstar 60GXP and Win2k

Thread: Asus TUSL2-C M/B, IBM deskstar 60GXP and Win2k

Post Asus TUSL2-C M/B, IBM deskstar 60GXP and Win2k

Please help.

I've just upgraded my motherboard from an Asus P2B to TUSL2-c. However I cannot boot into Win2k. An error message saying INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE pops up everytime.

I've tried disabling UDMA, changed IDE cables and swapped IDE channels but still no help. Anyone with any solutions? -other than reinstalling Win2k.

TIA

Exclamation

Unfortunaitly you may have to reinstall Win 2k, If you are running win 2 k on fat 32 then you may get away with popping in a floppy and trying the fdisk/ mbr
    First pop in a system disk and run a dir. command on your c drive ( This will work as kong as your using fat 32 ) If you get invalid drive specification then you have to reinstall from fdisk, format c: , to win 2k set up
    I have also read here that Win 2 k does not like mother board changes
    Any time I swap a board I like to reinstall , just to be safe
    Format c I'm givin er all she's got cap'in !!! )

[quote]Originally posted by format c::

I have also read here that Win 2 k does not like mother board changes

This is true!

Also, you should try to perform a Win2K Repair, using this option from the original Installation CD.

Good luck!
    The wandering Odysseus of the web.

If the repair option doesn't work, try it again and when asked for special drivers for SCSI, etc, try installing the Intel ATA100 drivers. This will load the drivers and allow the drives to be recognized. I didn't think this was necessary with the Intel chipset, but many ATA100 devices are treated as SCSI (and based on it) so standard IDE drivers don't work.

Thank you all for helping out. Unfortunately none of the proposed solutions worked.

After long searching on the Microsoft site I managed to find a page which sorted my problem in minutes. Anyone with a problem like mine could visit this url: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q271965&GSSNB=1