I built a system around the A7M266 (DDR) using a 1500+ Athlon-H. The system passes POST, detecting the HDD's OK. However, the system hard-freezes just after it has displayed the hardware allocation table, without having attempted to boot from any source . I have tried booting the system with only the gfx card in it, to avoid IRQ allocation conflicts, but to no avail. I have also tried using a Geforce2 in the same way, also, no change. I also have a Thunderbird 1.4Ghz based around this same board, which runs fine, leading me to believe the Athlon-H is at fault... suggestions plz? ...note that I experienced similar problems with the Thunderbird-based system, the system would hang at the same place, but could be booted into safe mode if normal bootup was interrupted, and the problem was later solved by removing the SB Live Value, and later putting it back in a different slot. I have tried numerous bios settings, with no change and the mobo was purchased very recently. I'd flash the bios if I could get it to boot from floppy! Should I boot the system with the T/bird chip in it, then flash the bios and swap the chips back round?