Your opinion about your boss!
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Your opinion about your boss!

Post Your opinion about your boss!

Just curious if I'm the only one whose boss is ungrateful, stupid, closefisted and doesn't know anything about computers.

------------------
    "Matter is passive. In spite of its power, it can't be controlled without the human mind." Sokrates

My Hardware Info, Hardware Media and Computer History page
    The wandering Odysseus of the web.

unikey

Thumbs up

Nope your not the only one I just had to show mine how to change the default printer

Simon

[This message has been edited by unikey (edited October 20, 2000).]

My boss is great! He gives me enough freedom to do my job and have fun. I get along with him like we are brothers. I have learned alot from him and I have taught him alot. Nothing goes down in the shop without us talking about it. Almost like we are partners, but I am drawing money from the company instead of putting it in!

------------------
    You spend your whole life believing that you're on the right track,
    only to discover that you're on the wrong train.

[This message has been edited by Larommi (edited October 20, 2000).]

MacGyver

My boss is cool, but some days he is just a complete jerk.

One day he wanted me to download all of our company's promo material from our Vancouver server to our Toronto server (where I'm at)

There were three key problems with this request:

1. The total size of all that material is 3 gigs.
    2. We don't have 3 gigs of free space on our server to download it all.
    3. It is all in CorelDraw format, software which we don't have in our Toronto office and nobody here knows how to use.

Unfortunately he wouldn't listen to me the first go-around, but after I explained it slowly he told me to forget it.

Jallentino

My boss leaves me alone cause he knows "nothing" about computers. I see him once a month, works for me.

Exclamation

My boss is a complete and total horse's ***. It is sometimes humorous watching him look at computer component with that blank expression on his face. The only reason they hired him is because he is a complete idiot and the people higher up than him can feel safe about their jobs. He is a retard and a pervert. I hate him and hope he accidentally falls onto some bullets.............

To all the people who love horse's ***....I am sorry i offended you.

To all the idiot's, I think i found the leader of your special ed group.

To all people who are retarded or know some one who is....i am sorry.

To all the perverts, do what you know best..........

And finally to bullet lovers.....umm.....well.....get some help, you are scaring the kids.

P.S. To all of the above mentioned people, i am sorry if i compared your fantasies, hobbies, jobs, or your life to my boss. I am sorry.

------------------
    You have to be smarter than what you are working with.

[This message has been edited by klenard (edited October 20, 2000).]
    Some days you are the dog, some days you are the Hydrant.

visit http://www.digifuge.com

tecman

Talking

Co workers come to this conclusion:
    He knows about computers.

Originally posted by klenard:
    My boss is a complete and total horse's ***. It is sometimes humorous watching him look at computer component with that blank expression on his face. The only reason they hired him is because he is a complete idiot and the people higher up than him can feel safe about their jobs. He is a retard and a pervert. I hate him and hope he accidentally falls onto some bullets.............

To all the people who love horse's ***....I am sorry i offended you.

To all the idiot's, I think i found the leader of your special ed group.

To all people who are retarded or know some one who is....i am sorry.

To all the perverts, do what you know best..........

And finally to bullet lovers.....umm.....well.....get some help, you are scaring the kids.

P.S. To all of the above mentioned people, i am sorry if i compared your fantasies, hobbies, jobs, or your life to my boss. I am sorry.

Use the asterisks, or the proper words! YOU harm the kids!!!

------------------
    "Matter is passive. In spite of its power, it can't be controlled without the human mind." Sokrates

My Hardware Info, Hardware Media and Computer History page
    The wandering Odysseus of the web.

yeah yeah yeah..my boss is everything negative you could want. to put it bluntly..he is a cock. on top of that...i fianlly got put on the spot, *had* to give him the server pw and botched it all. i cant even begin to understand wtf he did. he is a dolt. furthermore, he doesnt respect me one bit. yet he always asks for my help/opinion.

------------------
    prompt $p$g [dos = elite]
    prompt $p$g [dos = elite]

CobraTekMax

Cool

My boss is awesome. He lets me do more or less what I want, and gives me complete authority over all the other computer techs. We go to strip clubs together, and hit Hooters for lunch every time we have a job near the city. Plus, he gives me a raise about every 6-8 weeks, and sometimes just GIVES me equipment and parts.

He'll admit that he knows nothing about computers, which is fine. He doesn't have to. His main strength is in sales, and he does it very well. And little by little, he's learning more about computers. He can almost do a complete system build by himself, though I still have to help him through FDISK.

Even though I get a little jaded with the business and customers sometimes, my boss and I have never had any major disputes or disagreements. If not for him, in fact, I probably would've given up on being a tech and found a job that doesn't make me tear my hair out by the roots.

------------------
    Clatu...Verata...nnnn...necktie...nectur...nickel. ...it's definately an "N" word...

my boss used to be a tech just like me.

TO: AlienDyne

Hmmmmmm........ YOUR FIRED!!!!!! lol just kidding man. Are you sure were not co workers though?

Luke, OBGYN Kanobi is the only one!!

gotbyk

I saw my boss today for the first time since he left 6 weeks ago.

Hmmm... still just as cool as rice pudding.

My boss and I right now are like partners. He knows more about some networking stuff than I do, and I know more about hardware and other systems than he does. We kindof complement each others abilities. Since we just started out, I hope the business works out. I know what you mean though, I had one boss whose business before was something like managaing production for cars. Apparently did ok at that. Thought a nice way to retire would be to own a computer shop. Knew absolutely nothing about computers. The person in charge of the tech area knew nothing about computers. All of our best techs jumped ship-company was in a downward spiral- He would do really stupid stuff b/c he knew NOTHING about computers. In the end I was doing quotes for him, (b/c the salesman kept screwing it up) I was the main tech-(not to brag) I knew so much more than most of the other "techs" it was pathetic, but, I got stuck doing things they couldn't figure out, things that were "too hard" for the others to do (too hard- isn't that how you learn?). And I got laid off b/c my attitude wasn't right. :P (go figure, I was underpaid and RUNNING the tech shop and doing repairs and teaching the would-be techs and being told I wasn't doing enough work) Well p()ss on them. Once I left, all the computers started coming back cuz all the 14 yr old techs couldn't install a modem right, let alone troubleshoot windows. And a year later, he's no longer in business but I still am. hmmmm....
    10 goto 20
    20 end rant

------------------
    What's this button d--
    Do one thing everyday that scares you.
    Do two things everyday that scare the bejesus out of someone else.

Jvaguy

my bosses idea of being a boss is someone who thinks windows can be installed in 5 minutes and thinks office 2000 is a office where he lives and has no respect .. mind you mind you his favorite word is we have alot to do today so people who bought there computers last week and they dont work now isnt important ... funny how he wanted it to work when he bought a new one after 1 month .. hmm