Your opinion about your boss! - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Your opinion about your boss!

Ok, my boss is cheap, doesn't know how to fix computers or anything computer related and when he tries I always come after him and fix it. He will try to use the cheapest or used parts because he wants to save money, which ends up more work for me and getting yelled at by people. He's even cheap with me, I've been working for a while and still no raise and none to be seen in the future. I try to get fired because I'm under obligation to work here but nothing seems to get me fired. I'm overworked underappreciated and underpaid severly underpaid. When I tell people how much I get per hour and the work that I do all they do is show their pitty. Especially because our price per hour is very high and I barely get anything out of it, I'm not kidding. A receptionist can make as much as me. I got suckered into this job when I was nieve but now I know better and want out as soon as possible, I even have companies that we do jobs for offering me high paying salary jobs for less than half the work that I do now. Oh well.
    To each his/her own.

FeelMyPain

Unhappy

I worked for a computer store like a Techie.
    My boss is like a vacuum cleaner. He suck people money. But when we need some kind of training he resist to put anything in the equation. His words are "somebody have to provide some free training". All the repair tools we have; we have purchased ourself. All the money in; but no money out. He pay us like we don't deserve money to live. Anybody wants to works for $6.00 a hour. All the personnel comes and go. Because he want computer professionals with Doctor Degree if possible in computer related field but he pay them like I am GOD and you guys are not worthy to work for me so here $6.00 a hour. Right know the company just have two technicians, him the owner and his lazy son. But the worst thing other than being stingy and greedy is that he treat us like he have 50 employees on the personnel. A 30 cat5 cable drop job in a whole building only my technician and me and when a walk in he don't even says good morning. The first thing he says is "I hope you guys finish the job already". If we tell him that we did like 20 drops and 10 to go. He looks a us like we are worthless Pieces of s**t. He always make comments and gesture to make you feel like he is GOD and we are s**t. He love to employ foreigner to pay them nothing and squezze then like oranges until the orange turn to be dust. Everytime we asked for a raise he says that he is not making enough money while he has a garage full of Corvettes and Lexus. Anybody can help get a flight ticket to CUBA. I bet that living in CUBA with Fidel Castro like a dictator is a picnic for me. Pardon my english.

GOVTECH

Red face

I'm a tech working for the government. If you work for the Gov. I probably don't need to go any further but for those that haven't, here it is. My boss has no education, her last job was a beautician. Yeah, that's right...she cut hair. She has climbed to the top on her knees. She doesn't want her IT staff to further their education (i.e., won't give you a alternate work week or allow you to take courses that interfere even if it would only be for a short time). Job security on her part I guess. Our ordering department doesn't know a modem from a CD-ROM. So you are lucky if you have the parts to fix the problem. They buy 400 sound cards we don't need because they were on sale then tell you they don't have the money in this months budget to order parts you really need. Then they b*tch when it takes a month to finish the job. The pay is next to nothing and the Gov. doesn't give raises. And people wonder why Gov. workers go postal. All our hardware and software is 5 years out dated and security is a joke!! Any 10 year old with a half a brain could hack into our network in 15 mins. HELP!!!!! Anybody hiring?

MTUHyperTech

My boss is really cool. He throws an awesome christmas party. He doesn't like to admit he doesn't know much about computers hardware (now graphics is another story) but for being part time he treats me really well.

I'm my own boss
    Milkstache, what's that ?

Fitawav

Exclamation

Well my boss is really cool except that he doesn't think i know anything about computers. I've repaired dozens of his mistakes as well as the problems in the office as well as streamlined our database, but he seems to think that by installing Linux and Windows 98 on the same machine i've some how killed the systems DVD drive to the point where when you put a cd in it it sounds like a 4 banger in reverse. He is also very religous when it comes to Norton Utilities it seems to meraculously find problems that don't exsist then screw up the computer worse! Anywho, what can you do?

lgrimm

Talking

My boss is pretty cool. An absolute riot! He is pretty much a tell it how it is kind of guy...(which I am the same way)...so we get along great...if he talks to us a certain way (language, ie), we are ok to give it right back. For some sick reason he really seems to like me....(boy, first time that has ever happened)....

Smile

I actually *like* my boss.

He's tough, but he's fair. I work on a tech support line, so most of what we do is customer service, not technical (besides supporting poorly-written and crappy software). When someone screws up, he treats them like a human being, not an idiot.

He's rather intolerant of slackers, though. If he sees someone slacking (not just normal stuff, but heavy-duty slacking), he starts pushing them to improve. They either roll with it and start doing better, or they leave! That's how in the past year we got rid of our 6 biggest slackers, and now we have a pretty tight group that works well together.

And, he gave me a nice bonus last month!

BTW - I write this the same day I got writ up for screwing up. I was wrong (waaaaay wrong), but he didn't tell me I was stupid or anything. He offered me ways to correct the error, and promised to work with me on it so it doesn't happen again. You can't ask for a better guy!

------------------
    The opinions expressed herein are my own and not those of my employer.
    #include <disclaimer.h>: I didn't do it, nobody saw me, you can't prove anything, I swear I checked her ID first, and the opinions expressed herein are my own and not those of my employer.

Angry

Unfortunately, I work with a Ctrl+Phreak. Can't take a breath or a pee without having to report it or form a task force to analyze and approve it (a task force made up of non-techs).

Boss's boss (the one who has to approve spending) thinks you should be able to have 50 very crappy workstations, 3 crappy printers, one crappy file server, a semi-crappy hub setup (not that he knows what a hub is), and an EXCEEDINGLY HEINOUSLY HORRIBLY CRAPPY database to run an entire company on and that everything should run smoothly and wonderfully at all times.

Oh, and there should be absolutely no need for any maintenance ever. "It's a computer, not a car."

OMG!!! What an ID10Tic f*ckstick!!

------------------
    GeekGirl
    ------------------

Thumbs down

My boss was a complete moron. Everybody except him was a "jerk", "stupid", Dumber than a brick". Cheapskate, who thought he knew it all.

Nothing was ever his fault. Everybody else was always doing something wrong, and he always hired highschool kids so that he can pay them $5.25 an hour and jerk them around.

Then would fire them when they got good at what they did and asked for a raise. What a winner.

Very few people in town like him.

------------------
    Say what?
    I was here, here I was, was I here? I hope I was....

cc_penguin

My boss is the biggest piece of chit that you would ever meet.
    Thanks for the chance to vent a little

Captain Showercap

Cool

Hey, what can I say... I FEEL your pain. Been there done that. Been screwed like all the rest. I started out 4 years ago knowing nothing but what a basic micro computer repair class taught me. A buddy got me a job where he worked (a place that died because the own snorted up the profits through his drunken nose.) I learned fast and was cranking out new clones by the dozen.
    I finally got out after MANY promises of a raise, and the old "I wish I could pay you what your worth crap." Over 4 years, I have made a little progress in pay and status, but I still work for people that don't pay you enough to live on. Especially, if you have a family. Most of us get ripped off and the idiots, and greedy jerks stay on top.
    Why do I still do it? Because I do it well, and like it more than any other thing I have done. And in time, I hope to escape the morons and get a real job.

CREEPINGDEATH

Originally posted by AlienDyne:

Use the asterisks, or the proper words! YOU harm the kids!!!

Well someone's a stickler

CREEPINGDEATH

Originally posted by jediab:
    My boss is a f*cking c*nt! She is an slimy, twisted, backstabbing, 2-faced, ingrown buttcrevice hair from the deepest darkest lower depths of hell! So far down that Satan himself wouldn't even go there because he is scared of the crotch. She is so low she has to look up to see a snake.

Kind of says it all.

Sh** man i need to get you to write some letters for me

Cool

Wow I feel sorry for a lot of you. I have a great boss. My boss is a woman in her mid 40s very good looking and fine to look at with a personalty to match. She is a Quick books and a Lotus 123 expert and she has great software trouble shooting skills. She knows her limits and leaves the hardware stuff for the techs on the bench. She makes both the customers and the techs feel at ease and never tries to BS either. She helps us by ringing out software conflicts so we can stay busy on the bench. At the same she wont take any crap from us or the customers. She happens to be a boss that knows computers and people besides she springs for beer at the local watering hole on Friday afternoons. She thinks my signiture refers to her and says "yea but you cant have me" By far the best boss I have ever had. Maybe if she reads this I will get a raise or at least a shot of JD with my beer.

------------------
    If life is a bitch then what is death? I believe I will take the bitch!
    If life is a bitch, then what is death? I believe that I will take the bitch...