Emachienes selling out of stock!--Say it isn't so!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Emachienes selling out of stock!--Say it isn't so!!

Post Emachienes selling out of stock!--Say it isn't so!!

Latest sign the world is comming to an end. The infamous Emachienes are selling out of stock.

<a href="http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1103-822254.html" target="_blank">Read about it here!</a>

Now if only a couple of those "cargo ships from Asia" could get sunk, we could write the bastids out of the market...

What am I saying? Techs everywhere would have nothing to fix!!!
    Flash! Don't heckle the supervillain!

Read the story again, Emachines is not going out of business, they just operate with very little stock.

[quote]Originally posted by MacGyver:
    <strong>Read the story again, Emachines is not going out of business, they just operate with very little stock.</strong><hr></blockquote>

no misunderstanding here, MacGyver. The had no stock. They had to wait for replacement stock off of a cargo boat from Asia.

Ergo: sink boat=no more eMachines. Sink next boat after that, repeat, soon they will be out of our faces for good.
    Flash! Don't heckle the supervillain!

[quote] Read the story again, Emachines is not going out of business, they just operate with very little stock. <hr></blockquote>

That's OK, I've always placed very little stock in them, too.
    Floor 1, Room 3572A, Section Cl9, Cubicle 2ZBG-Q45

[quote]Originally posted by MacGyver:
    <strong>Read the story again, Emachines is not going out of business, they just operate with very little stock.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I don't care, just the fact that I could call up a store and order an Emachine just to be told that they are out of stock "Due to popular demand" makes me sick to the stomach.

Yea, but you have to think How much money have you made alone on fixing Emachines. I know I've made quite a bit on those fuzzy bastards.
    The Artisan formerly known as A+Tech.

next pc i build im going to use an emachine case, so that everyone will be amazed in how long the pc lasts

Hello Hello, Yes hello to me and hello to you, I am the Crap On and i live in a zoo and its such a friendly old zoo and such fun you'll enjoy yes you will everyone, every two will enjoy it, every three, every four. so come visit my zoo and come up on four.

http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg

The reason they are so popular is that they area sold dirt cheap if you sign up for 3 years of CS/AOL. That is the really scary part. 99% of those who purchase those millions of Emachines will be running AOL.
    L

Welcome to four more years of the most dangerous presidency in history.

I noticed something, in the ad in the articla (and I reloaded it several times) the ad for Dell pops up more than any other. And second place? Gateway...

Well, look at it this way, all those e-machines coming here, and being sold, will keep home-PC techs working and earning lots of $$$!!!
    Live Free or Die

Never forget, never lose those who have been lost.

My Malinois is smarter than your honor roll student!

Stock! I was a stock once. I got sold... bummed me out
    Sofa King Retarded

Talking

We make a killing repairing Emachines...their PS' seem to die with Grim Regularity every 6 months. We even refer to it as the "6 month window" Now the replacements PS's we use keep goinf fine though. The modems die from ANY surge. Everytime we have a thunderstorm on the weekend or even if i hear thunder in the distance, hell even if a car backfires driving down the road beside my house, I think, "yep, its gonna be another banner week for selling emachine PS' and modems..." 'Course I have 2 techs now that almost will refuse to work on them anymore..
    "Teach the ignorant, care for the dumb, punish the stupid."
    -how to live a life well spent

We get eek machines all the time as well mostly for power supply problems. I wouldn't mind making a case mod sometime down the road. Even if Eek machines go bust sometime down the road, there will always be others to take their place.

Most common piece of advertisement on almost all eek machines - NEVER OBSOLETE!!! what eeeevvvvveeeerrrrrrr!!!!!!!

Actually, I had remarkably good success with Emachines. I work at a school, and ordered them because we had no budget that year. Of course, I did immediately reimage them and remove the modems. Also, I made sure none were running any apps more demanding than Office. And of course, I did a blood sacrifice. But at least 80% of them haven't needed anything over the past year. Mind, the machines I actually build or buy from other companys are good out of the box at least 95% of the time...
    a LARTing we will go
    a LARTing we will go
    hi-ho the derrio
    a LARTing we will go

These emachines give the general Joe Q. Public one more argument when pricing a new custom built machine from me, "Hey man, I can get an e-machine with all this for half the cost." I say, go ahead, but you will be back.............

it wears me out some days. I like taking their money when they need their garbage fixed but it seems to be getting harder to stay copmpetitive with selling new machines, I sell very few anymore, just support & Repair..........
    "We have assumed control"