No, I SWEAR that's my email address!!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: No, I SWEAR that's my email address!!!

Post No, I SWEAR that's my email address!!!

Well, among other things at work, my primary responsibility is live chat with customers. Just like a phone call except you type everything. Here is a winner I got today.

Visitor: I want to place an order. Trying to register email address- won't accept.
    (me): What seems to be the problem?
    Visitor: When filling in email address - it says not proper order
    (me): What is your email address?
    Visitor: Debgirlmaker3
    (me): I apologize but that is not a valid email address.
    Visitor: I am new to computer - this is what I use to email
    (me): I do see that you are on AOL. Your email address would be [email protected]
    Visitor: Trust me, I don't know much about computers, but I know that's not my email address
    (me): I apologize for the confusion. An email address must include a prefix, normally your username, an @ symbol and the domain of which you are emailing from. Therefore, if your username is Debgirlmaker3 and you are using AOL, your email address would be [email protected].
    Visitor: Look, I'm a tech so I know what I'm talking about. I work with these domains everday. My email address is Debgirlmaker3
    (me): I am very sorry for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, I do not understand why your order is not going through.

Gotta love 'em She hung up after I said that.
    The Artisan formerly known as A+Tech.

LOL, I wonder how annoyed she'll get when the next person tells her the exact same thing. She'll probably think the entire world is out to get her.

[quote]Originally posted by Aplustech:
    <strong>Well, among other things at work, my primary responsibility is live chat with customers. Just like a phone call except you type everything. Here is a winner I got today.

Visitor: I am new to computer - this is what I use to email

Visitor: Trust me, I don't know much about computers, but I know that's not my email address

Visitor: Look, I'm a tech so I know what I'm talking about. I work with these domains everday. My email address is Debgirlmaker3
    </strong><hr></blockquote>

She's a tech, but she doesn't know much about computers?

I just love it when the customers contradict themselves!
    Live Free or Die

Never forget, never lose those who have been lost.

My Malinois is smarter than your honor roll student!

I love the people who setup home networks then don't learn how to maintain/troublshoot them.. Get them all the time at work.

me : "Sir, I'm going to need you to unplug your home gateway or i can't troubleshoot"

Visitor : "I paid $150 to have this netowkr setup, and your telling me to take it apart so i can spend another $150 to set it up again?!?! I DEMAND to speak to your boss!"

me: "Sir, you are aware that running a a home gateway is a direct violation to the end user license agreement and that speaking to my supervisor about this will result in a noticifation beeing sent the Network Security and Fraud, wich will more than likely result in your account getting disconnected untill you agree to remove it?"

Visitor : "Ok, how do i unplugg this thing?..."
    <Ferrit> Take 1 live chicken, cut the head off, dance around doing the hokey pokey and chanting: GO AWAY BAD VIRUS, GO AWAY BAD VIRUS
    -----------------------
    Windows 7 Pro x64
    Asus P5QL Deluxe
    Intel Q6600
    nVidia 8800 GTS 320
    6 gigs of Ram
    2x60 gig OCZ Vertex SSD (raid 0)
    WD Black 750 gig
    Antec Tri power 750 Watt PSU
    Lots of fans

[quote]Originally posted by Matridom:
    <strong>I love the people who setup home networks then don't learn how to maintain/troublshoot them.. Get them all the time at work.

me : "Sir, I'm going to need you to unplug your home gateway or i can't troubleshoot"

Visitor : "I paid $150 to have this netowkr setup, and your telling me to take it apart so i can spend another $150 to set it up again?!?! I DEMAND to speak to your boss!"

me: "Sir, you are aware that running a a home gateway is a direct violation to the end user license agreement and that speaking to my supervisor about this will result in a noticifation beeing sent the Network Security and Fraud, wich will more than likely result in your account getting disconnected untill you agree to remove it?"

Visitor : "Ok, how do i unplugg this thing?..."</strong><hr></blockquote>

AHHAHAHHAH man dont you guys love giving people a hard time LOL

O-wait they already give them selves a hard time

Oh, i get funny ones all the time. What i enjoy is putting people in their place..

sub "What do you mean 24 hours for a fix!, i want it fixed now!!! if you don't fix it NOW i want to talk to your boss, i'm loosing thousands of dollars an hour and can't afford 24 hours!!!!"

me:" Sir, are you awar that running a business on a residential account is against the end user licenses agreement?"

sub:"so, you still need to fix it now!!"

me: "are you aware that since your runnning a business on a residental line that "insert company" is entiled to half your profits?. Now I'll let it passs, but i know my supervisor won't. Now, is 24 hours really that bad?"

sub: click......
    <Ferrit> Take 1 live chicken, cut the head off, dance around doing the hokey pokey and chanting: GO AWAY BAD VIRUS, GO AWAY BAD VIRUS
    -----------------------
    Windows 7 Pro x64
    Asus P5QL Deluxe
    Intel Q6600
    nVidia 8800 GTS 320
    6 gigs of Ram
    WD Black 750 gig
    Lots of fans

Matridom you don't work for charter pipeline by ant chance do you?

heh

[quote]Originally posted by SlyVenom:
    <strong>Matridom you don't work for charter pipeline by ant chance do you?

heh</strong><hr></blockquote>

Actualy, I work at a farm out from a Cable ISP provider... (Mac knows who i'm talking about)
    -----------------------
    Windows 7 Pro x64
    Asus P5QL Deluxe
    Intel Q6600
    nVidia 8800 GTS 320
    6 gigs of Ram
    WD Black 750 gig
    Lots of fans

[QB]I love the people who setup home networks then don't learn how to maintain/troublshoot them.. Get them all the time at work.

QB]<hr></blockquote>

I used to be a help desk tech at a large cable modem service. I can sympathize. When it wasnt some yokel trying to run a linux server it would be an arrogant "professional" insisting that we support his home business at a normal residential rate.

[quote]Originally posted by jj nobody:
    <strong>

Another bad attitude tech with a chip on his shoulder... must make you feel good to demean people.</strong><hr></blockquote>

You just don't get it do you?????
    It's good to be the King.

[quote]Originally posted by jj nobody:
    <strong>

ooh, i get it. Very much I get it. Lots and lots of people in customer service positions that don't have a cool head and don't know the idea and concept behind quality customer service. It's "technicians" that make the average joe feel subhuman and lets DIY thrive in this society.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I think if anyone here it's you who has a chip on his shoulder.. I think it's people with pesimistic views such has yourself that puts our society back 20 years.. Grow up man.
    -----------------------
    Windows 7 Pro x64
    Asus P5QL Deluxe
    Intel Q6600
    nVidia 8800 GTS 320
    6 gigs of Ram
    WD Black 750 gig
    Lots of fans

<strong>

I think if anyone here it's you who has a chip on his shoulder.. I think it's people with pesimistic views such has yourself that puts our society back 20 years.. Grow up man.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Well said! I've met extremely few techs who tried to make the users feel "subhuman". But I see more often than not the users trying to BS some bull story that we just know is not true.
    (Just like the main post of this thread).

Its obvious she didn't know what she was talking about, or was seriously misled by AOL. If you give your screenname to another AOL member, then they onlt have to type that to send you an email. Its the outside stuff that needs the domain (and AOHell doens't teach you that)
    Live Free or Die

Never forget, never lose those who have been lost.

My Malinois is smarter than your honor roll student!

Senior Member - 1000+ Club Outcoded's Avatar
    Somewhere in the UK, never quite sure where

Shoulda told her to open up her A slOw helL window, click help, email, your email address.

Not that I'm using AOL at all.
    I'm in charge and I say we blow it up

Its obvious she didn't know what she was talking about, or was seriously misled by AOL. If you give your screenname to another AOL member, then they onlt have to type that to send you an email. Its the outside stuff that needs the domain (and AOHell doens't teach you that)[/QB][/QUOTE]

Exactly, AOL has no shame at all. It is all about the money, not customer satisfaction. If a customer has any ISP problems I ask "What ISP are you using?" They respond "AOL." "Well that is your problem right there. Just try another ISP and see if that remedies your problem." "No, I have been using AOL for a while now and it worked with my other computer." This is where the customer needs to put their tongue in the live phone wire. Sorry, but sometimes I just get really irked at people who won't take suggestions from people who obviously know whats going on. Willy Paycheck

Thats easy, PEZ.....Cherry flavored PEZ!

i laughed when i heard this guy telling me that his 28.8 modem and aol beat his friend's dsl line in downloading. the IDOITS...
    So, so busy lately. Oh, where do I start?