[RESOLVED] Most Useful Program
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [RESOLVED] Most Useful Program

wgbjr

Resolved [RESOLVED] Most Useful Program

Tech related, or other.

tregee

Segate proxy. Remote Admin tool. Works great, most of the time.

FDISK

Linux!!

Sorry, i wanted to be the fist one to say that! Actually, my vote goes for either Troubleshooter or EZ-Drive.

------------------
    hAS ANYONE SEEN MY "cAPS lOCK kEY"?
    hAS ANYONE SEEN MY "cAPS lOCK kEY"?

3fingersalute

Winzip and Files Shredder do small wonders!!

------------------
    WHERE DO YOU WANT TO GO TODAY?......Not that it matters, because Micrsoft will crash on the way there!!!

3fingersalute

Originally posted by FU_MAN:
    Linux!!

Sorry, i wanted to be the fist one to say that! Actually, my vote goes for either Troubleshooter or EZ-Drive.

Holy H*ll, don't let my one fellow co-worker here see that post!.....He got really burned one time because a person told him "Linux is a nice little program."......He about bit the guys head off for calling an OS a program!

But I must agree, it would be great if the world wasn't monopolized my MS and everybody could use Linux, it's just not dumb-friendly, I mean user-friendly enough yet!

BTW....I carry EZ-Drive everywhere I go!

[This message has been edited by 3fingersalute (edited October 31, 2000).]

I hope this counts. I have every boot disk of every MS-OS ever made. They always come in handy when you got to do something like bios update, or attrib or deltree and you have machines with different oses.

win95a,b,c win98,se,dos 5-7 etc....
    hey its me again!

LORE

I would have to say drive image pro has saved me SOOOOOO much time, especialy when we get 30 new laptops in that need the same 15 programs loaded. it takes a half day to get the first one set exactly how you want it, then make an image in 15 minutes, then 7 minutes per system after that.

win boot disk(s) and ghost.

oh yeah..i normally copy msconfig to all of my boot disks...makes life easier when dealing w/ a 95 machine.

------------------
    prompt $p$g [dos = elite]

[This message has been edited by skut (edited October 31, 2000).]
    prompt $p$g [dos = elite]

Pogi

This is a little off topic, but I've found that having a free account at one or more of the so-called "internet hard drives" can be handy thing to have. Assuming you have net access at the site you're at, you can store and retrieve your service programs/files from the customer's machine, not to mention having a backup source of these files if your service copy gets messed up by the customer's computer.

I use Xdrive ( www.xdrive.com ) myself.

SpinRite HDD utility.
    It's a dog eat dog world out there, and there isn't enough dog to go around. So get as much dog as you can, before all the dogs gone.

CobraTekMax

Talking

BONZI BUDDY!

Seriously, though he's not particulary USEFUL, BB used in conjuction with with Netbus or some other remote admin can provide some quality entertainment. Wait till the boss sits down with an important client, then crank the volume up, start the little ape, go to "Speak mode" and type in weird stuff like "Would you please shave my testicles?" My current favorite BB line is "I was originally supposed to be a penis." Every now and then, though, I make him rap Eminem songs.

As far as something that actually HELPS though, Winzip gets my vote, especially the self extractor creator.

------------------
    Clatu...Verata...nnnn...necktie...nectur...nickel. ...it's definately an "N" word...

ibennetch

Ghost wins hands down.

shawnMt

A 95B boot disk that will start 95% of cdroms, and has everything from ATTRIB to XCOPY. If you cram just right you can get Spinrite on it too.

Winzip and Ghost are pretty high on the list also.

------------------
    Paint your old laptop!

Ghost and a nice set of bootable disks with CD-ROM support.

I have to mention my 3 CDs containing various drivers.
    Can't do without them!

------------------
    "Matter is passive. In spite of its power, it can't be controlled without the human mind." Sokrates

My Hardware Info, Hardware Media and Computer History page
    The wandering Odysseus of the web.