[RESOLVED] Bios does not detect full capacity of hard drive

Thread: [RESOLVED] Bios does not detect full capacity of hard drive

martin santos

Post Bios does not detect full capacity of hard drive

I have just purchased a Maxtor 40G hard drive, which I am using as a secondry drive.
    When I installed it, the bios only recognized
    approx 33g. I have checked the Microstar(motherboard manufacturer) webb site for an upgrade, but there is none listed for this problem. My motherboard is an MS-6156 BX. Apart from this problem I have successfully partioned and formatted it, and everything is working ok. Can anyone help please?

In one of the really, really Blue states.

You can use a dynamic drive overlay such as ez drive or discwizard from western digital and seagate.
    "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." -Benjamin Franklin
    "I'm a hard worker." -George W. Bush

martin santos

Originally posted by techs:
    You can use a dynamic drive overlay such as ez drive or discwizard from western digital and seagate.
    Thank you. I'll try that. Much appreciated.

martin santos

Originally posted by techs:
    Thank you for your advice. I down loaded 'Maxblaster' from www.maxtor.com which solved my problem. Also using Maxblaster to partition and format my drive was so easy and very quick. I was told by my support and the Maxtor hard drive supplier that my bios would not support more than 32G and I would have to live with it unless I could download an upgrade from microstar the manufacturer of my motherboard. Just shows you eh? Thanks again.