[RESOLVED] How have you been dealing with it?

Thread: [RESOLVED] How have you been dealing with it?

Fubarian

Unhappy How have you been dealing with it?

We've all seen the pictures over 1000 times, and in an effort to get my mind off the whole damn thing, I've been playing games like a pro, downloading movie trailers, music videos, etc. just finding something to do other than watch TV.

Upon going though my archive if you will of movie trailers, I played the spiderman trailer...what a mistake for those who have seen it, you know what I'm talking about. Now I've played it about 5 times just amazed that the towers are NOT there. I almost cried.

I for one haven't been taking this lightly, and I'll be the first out the door if war is declared and people are needed.

How you been fairing with this? Post it here

pakprotector

It's been surreal. I'm old enough to remember 11/22/63, and this has been much different. The events that transpired on Tuesday have been much hightened by the media presence of today that we didn't have 38 years ago. The WD forum (and others I'm sure) have been an excellent outlet for me to view the thoughts of others and to reflect on my own thoughts and reactions. Right now my family and I are dealing with this day to day, but I'm still very, very vexed. I count myself lucky that none of my friends and family in Virginia were harmed, and my friends and coworkers in New York City have all been accounted for.
    I am a 43 year old man and I cried while viewing and reviewing the tragedy that occurred. My tears are not over. Now is the time for this country to come together, stand tall and show the rest of the world we are the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!
    To paraphrase the late Peter Finch from the movie Network - "We're mad as Hell and we're not going to take it anymore!"

------------------
    Peritissimos semper praevidere possumus, rudi autem periculosi sunt (Professionals are predictable, it is the amateurs who are dangerous)

StevePorter

Lightbulb

I've kept from being saturated by not watching TV. I get most of my news from the newspaper, so it inherently limits my intake.

------------------
    Some computer problems require extreme solutions. Spaceman Spiff sets his blaster on deep fat fry...

Cobra

To be honest, I've gotten a bit better, but I'm still just as angry and confused as I was on Tuesday morning in many way. I feel so damn helpless. I am more than ready to go over there with the armed forces and kick some ***, but there are so many thing holding us back.

I've also been somewhat suicidal this weekend over it. I've started thinking I don't want to live in a world where innocent people are slaughtered by thousands and a madman like Bin Laddin is protected by some hole in the wall country because he did it for "religious reasons". I've snapped out of it so far, but's getting a little worse each time I go dark...I just hope Bush does something soon.

------------------
    Yes this is THE Cobra....

LET THE PANTIES HIT THE FLOOR!

Hang in there Cobra. We missed you here for a couple months, I'm not ready to miss you forever! Damn the terrorists, they'll get theirs. I'm encouraged by the amount of details the investigation has already uncovered. I too have had a pretty tough week. I had tickets to go see James Taylor last night and almost didn't go. Finally my GF and I decided that no terrorist was going to have that much control over our lives and went. It actually felt very healing to be there with 20000 others, JT said some very nice things, sang some very relevant songs (one of which got about a 5 minute standing ovation with many tears by all). Over all it was helpful and I'm very grateful I went. We will rise above our enemies. I hope we can find a way to punish them and stop their kind once and for all but realistically....well, I'll keep hoping. But whether we can destroy our enemies or not, we will survive and like the phoenix, we will rise from these ashes of destruction and be stronger and better than ever for the American spirit and it's dreams will never be vanquished--there is yet too much to acheive!

------------------
    Note to self: Re-index brain cells, database corruption present.
    "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."

furlong47

Frankly, I'm still glued to the TV. It's actually a comfort to me to know exactly what is going on. Seeing the unity that has been inspired in this country has also been a great help. Spending time with my friends and trying to get on with life as normal as possible has helped me to forget how bad the situation is at times. I'm beginning to feel more confident that our country IS going to overcome this and hopefully, in the end, even if it takes several years, the world will come out as a better place after all of this.

------------------
    Furlong47's Poetry Page

"True terror is to wake up one morning and discover that your high school class is running the country."
    ~Kurt Vonnegut

PuterGeekGirl

Cobra-I can understand your feeling, but PLEASE do not do anything drastic. You know how to reach me if you need ANYTHING...

I have been dealing with this by TRYING to stay away from the media for the past few days. I feel a need to know what is going on, but at times it just gets too depressing. I have also found that a good dose of time with my 6 year old son helps, and a good cuddle session with my boyfriend doesn't hurt either.

------------------
    Mama never told me geekhood was gonna be like this...

Darren Wilson

<font face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, Geneva" size="2">Originally posted by Cobra:
    To be honest, I've gotten a bit better, but I'm still just as angry and confused as I was on Tuesday morning in many way. I feel so damn helpless. I am more than ready to go over there with the armed forces and kick some ***, but there are so many thing holding us back.

I've also been somewhat suicidal this weekend over it. I've started thinking I don't want to live in a world where innocent people are slaughtered by thousands and a madman like Bin Laddin is protected by some hole in the wall country because he did it for "religious reasons". I've snapped out of it so far, but's getting a little worse each time I go dark...I just hope Bush does something soon.

</font>
    You know how to get hold of me if needed.

If you want something to take your mind off of things, drop me a line & I will give you something to do...... I am running out of ideas for the 'other DSB' site.

------------------
    FINALLY, Rocco HAS COME BACK to Win-Driverssssss......
    Let the Boobies hit the floor

ad3p4

Although I've lived almost all my life in Canada (Quebec and Ontario), I was born in New Hampshire and I'm still dumbfounded by all this.

It gives me the willies to think that the perpetrator(s) could be left free to try this again, as no official culprit has yet been named. Bin Laden *will* be a target for the US military, but I wonder if this will be sufficiently satisfying if no "official", 100% sure guilt is finally placed upon someone, somewhere.

Don't get me wrong - any group or country declaring war (holy or otherwise) on another must expect an eventual retaliation. But what if the true culprit walks away from this to do more damage later?

I've been talking and sharing with my church youth group, and they are also coming to the realization that the word "safety" no longer has the meaning it once had...

If anything, it has been a catalyst for those who uphold liberty and democracy to band together.

------------------
    "Expect the unexpected"
    ------------------

Spork

Unhappy

Personally, I wish they would quit showing so much media coverage of what happened. It's depressing that the majority of the local TV channels would rather show repeated coverage of the Pentagon & WTC instead of the regularly aired programs. It's getting to the point where I no longer want to read the paper or watch TV because there's constantly something reminding you of it. Repeatedly showing this stuff isn't helping out on the morale of the country. People really need to see something other than being reminded of this incident.

------------------
    "Damn the man. Save the Empire" Mark - Empire Records

At first it was anger and outrage at what happened. Now..... I don't know... confusion I guess. I've seen so much support from other countries, from the non-us members here.... But I've also seen something that really scares the h#@l out of me. To many Americans either not caring , not wanting to do anything about it or those ready to start shooting nukes! The world has definately changed! My mother pasted away just under a year ago.... I'm just glad she didn't have to live through these times!

GLSmith
    American and Damn proud of it!!!!

------------------
    ....And people wonder why I have migranes.....
    Don't hate me because I'm a US citizen!

godofuq

I am slowly getting out of my anger-because-of-confusion stage. I was feeling better and better and I visited my mother this weekend who asked me to call my brother (who is about 500 miles away) I could tell in her voice that she was quite upset when she said this. I called my brother and he is enlisting in the military. I'm not one for violence and I don't think he, with a wife and two kids, should be jumping at the chance of dying. I know what he is doing is good for some reasons but, for the time being, I feel as though we have enough troops and my time may come, but if it does, it will only be through selective service and not voluntary. He has a lot of confusion and anger to deal with right now and I really don't want my brother to leave. It really hit home, really quick, as soon as I called him.

------------------
    I feel like a little worm on a big f*****g hook.

-Aplustech

TheoneDKS

I'm with you all. The panic started when I heard about it. The panic stoped when I got to the Northwest Airlines websight and found out my Girlfiends plane (witch was heading for NYC) had been turned around and was in Detroit. The confusion set in a half-hour later when I was packing to Drive to Detroit. And ended when I hit the road. It took from Fargo to Minniapolis for it to sink in that yes, it did happen and yes people are dead. I ponderd how any one can do sutch a thing from Minniapolis to Chicago. Chicago is where the anger set in. It lasted till I pulled into the Detroit airport. Releif hit me at that point. Since then I only listen for updates once a day the rest of the time I have been concentraiting on moving on. We as a country need to bounce back fast and hard, or the bazztards have one.