[RESOLVED] "Computer meet your new printer" ???

Thread: [RESOLVED] "Computer meet your new printer" ???

jimmr13

Cool "Computer meet your new printer" ???

It's 5 till 9:00 and I close at 9:00 Mr.Long time Client calls : He just got a new printer
    saved a bundle cause it was on sale, He hooked it up just like the old one that I installed last year but it won't work ? could I please come over Now! cause he needs to finish a report for work! ( well I let me tech go home at 5:30 and I really would like to go home an get some dinner but he is a good client) Okay I be there in a few minutes, Well he got a new H/P printer nice
    And every thing is hooked up correctly ?
    Here is the mistake, I ASK him if he told the computer he installed a new printer? and did you install the correct drivers? " Well sure I typed the rest of my report in word and I hit print and SAID or now let's see how good you look with your new printer!" Error printer NOT installed. "Drivers ?? but it's not going any place ??" So I almost died laughing, I installed the new printer explained drivers to him, showed him add printer, we both had a good laugh and he paid the $45.00 service call plus gave me a nice tip. (GOOD CLIENT)

------------------
    If all else fails read the directions !

LORE

Sometimes I wonder why they put the directions in the box, they just get in the way of the person unpacking and installing their new "whatever". People NEVER read the directions, I guess thats good, because half of them can't do it and pay me to install it!

------------------
    We may be through with the past, but the past is not through with us.

Jallentino

Why do I need a driver, I already payed for the printer. I hear that a lot. They act mad. it's PLUG AND PLAY, Why do I need to do anything else ?

Pogi

Ever have someone firehose you because the printer cable didn't come with the printer? If I only had a dollar for every time I've heard that....

Jallentino

WHAT ? I have to pay extra for a printer cable ? What a ripoff ? "calm down sir, how about I give you the Printer Free, buy you a cable, come over and install it for you, pet your dog, wash your freaking car and mow your lawn, would that make you happy?" minute of hesitation... "Well, I still don't see why the cable don't come with da printer". silence followed by a choking sound as I choke the iD10T.