[RESOLVED] Dont go on leave if your sick ... you wont be allowed back!

Thread: [RESOLVED] Dont go on leave if your sick ... you wont be allowed back!

Jvaguy

Resolved [RESOLVED] Dont go on leave if your sick ... you wont be allowed back!

Ok im prob one of the few millions here who wants to go back to work ... but im sick of being home and not making $$$ and stuff.

Today I went back to my job with a drs note stating i can work again but I cant lift over 25lbs. ( my shoulder was injured) well today they told me I cant come back unless im 1000% well as you can see that didnt go well with me since ive been off work for a month and havent done my x-mas shopping and I have a 4 month old. How much physical work does being a tech take. Well needless to say im suppose to be off for another month and they said the excuse is they cant afford to have another to "help me". I kinda figured this ment im getting the boot since i make $5 more than anyone else .. and our payrools have been tight. So what does this mean my life is gonna go to major havic how am i to get a job and get x-mas and all this .. by the time i get paid again itll be january ... thanks alot god for watching over me

CrkdLtr

I won't get into a religious debate because anyone and everyoen can argue for it or against it. But I will quote Kid Rock, "You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve." If you serve God, then he takes care of you, if you don't then you are not taken care of. But put it like this, your have your health! I bet you have a roof over your head and you have people that love you. Material possesions are nothing compared to these. Think on that...
    (understand I mean no disrespect)

------------------
    If I can't beat you, I'll run you off the road.

CREEPINGDEATH

Originally posted by CrkdLtr:
    I won't get into a religious debate because anyone and everyoen can argue for it or against it. But I will quote Kid Rock, "You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve." If you serve God, then he takes care of you, if you don't then you are not taken care of. But put it like this, your have your health! I bet you have a roof over your head and you have people that love you. Material possesions are nothing compared to these. Think on that...
    (understand I mean no disrespect)

Sorry to dissapoint you but material possesions mean ALOT to a 4 year old and sometimes they can't grasp the severity of the situation.

------------------
    ~If you can't walk the walk don't even try to talk the talk~

cheezmonkey

Arrow

Originally posted by CREEPINGDEATH:
    Sorry to dissapoint you but material possesions mean ALOT to a 4 year old and sometimes they can't grasp the severity of the situation.

i agree wholehartedly with Creeping death, even if it was four months, not four years.. still being a goth and having real issues with christianity severly impairs my judgement.

------------------
    No girl deserves my tears, and the one who does will never make me cry.

iateyourcat

It's a sh$tty situation. I broke/dislocated my shoulder last year. The company I worked for was great about the whole deal and never took me off the payrol... 6 weeks. Now's a good opportunity to find a better employer anyway.. and make use of the time off. In this industry you can learn alot in a month of your own study time.. There is one upside and that's the fact that it is christmas. Around here lot's of places are hiring for seasonal help and they're paying pretty well. It's not much but it may help you get through.

as for god, i believe in some kind of chaotic yet balancing force in the universe.. something singular, feeding on itself and also growing.. something synergetic would appear to be the real spark of magic.. but one god who sits around covering your back or punishing you at will? am i/are we that important? god's a good scapegoat. faith, on the other hand, is pretty useful. on the same note, ignorant masses, blind devotion and psychosis are useful if your the one in the drivers seat. it would befit some faithful followers to take their lead from leaders in history, leaders in the community, and not from a guy who has the biggest hat. i'm for thinking.

my two cents.

------------------
    =-iateyourcat-=

Rutt

sounds like your company if finding any excuse to save on pay outs over the festive season
    on the stake of religion I think Raymond E Fiest puts it best in the Rage of a demon king who says this universe is not just a nother being brain trying to teach itself the difference between write and wrong.

Were all puppets in the same sick play

------------------
    don't follow the rules obay the computer at all times - paranoia

Jvaguy

sad part is im still on payroll but im off for another month and without $$$ i cant live so it looks like my gf is moving back home (with the kids) and im going to move back to dallas (we live in the boonies)where my brother and his wife live so i can work where real jobs are. im 50 miles from a real city

im $700 in the hole from last month and now this month and ( i used all my savings for these dr appointments and meds and stuff that my insurance doesnt cover) x-mas .. im just warning you all .. when things happen unexpected be ready for anything.

I can never figure out why business' often seem so eager to screw their best people. I mean we are all trying to make a living, and when we make money for the company, WE make more money, as a rule. So it always amazes me when a business acts like this to their people.I know the business has to look out for itself, but without good, loyal employees who would want to run a business that way.

As to religon, I'm a polytheist (not pantheist)and very happy with my life. My world makes sense to me with many competing deities vs one deity at the reins, because if I believed that there was only 1 deity who was in control, then that deity is either indifferent to us or insane.

------------------------
    My motto about work, as I have HAD to learn: "If you want loyalty, buy a dog, I work for money."
    "Teach the ignorant, care for the dumb, punish the stupid."
    -how to live a life well spent

LORE

Maby you should look into workers rights. If you can prove that you don't have to lift more than 25 lbs on a daily basis, then they can't stop you from working. did you get hurt at work, or at home? if at work you should be getting some sort of pay, if not at work,don't you have short term disability insurance? that would get you about 60% of your normal pay. Well, just some thoughts, good luck man.

------------------
    We may be through with the past, but the past is not through with us.

CREEPINGDEATH

Workers comp rules man ! if you can get it you usually get MORE than you usually make because there's no taxes on it.

------------------
    ~If you can't walk the walk don't even try to talk the talk~

iateyourcat

I think Raymond E Fiest puts it best in the Rage of a demon king who says this universe is not just a nother being brain trying to teach itself the difference between write and wrong.

Were all puppets in the same sick play

[/B]
    That's beautiful.

Jvaguy

i got great news my web company got 3 huge bids for web design so ill have enuff money to keep things going ... atleast till im able to return to work .. which i may never do now that im back in web design

MVanDyken

Great. Although if freelancing doesn't cut it find a job with a better employer. Burn you once, shame on them. Burn you twice, shame on you.