Abit SA6R, latest bios bad?

Thread: Abit SA6R, latest bios bad?

Unhappy Abit SA6R, latest bios bad?

Okay, a fairly specific question:

Has anybody had problems with their Abit SA6R v1.0 mboard since flashing up to bios version SAH6YW?

The reason I ask is that since upgrading the bios:
    1. only my Creative 48x has appeared listed in the bios splash screen (on the secondary IDE channel) regardless of whether it is master or slave. The other drive attached to the secondary (either an hitachi DVD or LG DVD/CDRW combo) appears as detected in the bios and on initial startup (and in the OS) but just not in the splash sceen whilst updating ESCD etc.

2. If I set my Cas latency to 2 (I have crucial cas2 PC133) it suggests that I change back to cas 3!!!

3. Tried to install Win2k on the system. First time I did get it installed (after blue screening once) but after updating to DX8 the installation failed completely and blue screened on every startup. Tried to recover but it could not find the installation???? Second time through the setup crashed at registering components and failed to ever come back up again.

(I have been running Win98SE up until now without any probs, want to upgrade to make better use of the 512 ram)

I am going to revert back to the original release bios and see if that helps, does anybody have any other suggestions? Full sys spec as follows:

Abit SA6R
    PIII700@933
    512Mb Crucial Cas2 (2x256)
    Creative GTS2 32Mb AGP graphics
    SB Live Platinum (with Live Drive II)
    Netgear FA411 NIC (PCI)
    HCF 56k PCI modem
    Maxtor +45 20Gb Hd (primary master)
    Creative 48x Cd rom (secondary master)
    LG DVD/CDRW combo drive (secondary slave)

Please...
    What do you mean its all my fault?...

One quick question - did You clear CMOS after reflashing BIOS?

If no - it should be done...
    Sorry for second post - time error occured...

Thanks for that Ruslan, yes I did clear the cmos after flashing. I have since restored the original bios and what a surprise it works. Both devices appear on the secondary channel and Win2k is now up and installed.

The only thing remaining is my mboards stubbon insistance that my Cas2 ram should be at Cas3.

There is another bios between the original and latest but I think I'll leave it for now as everything is working.
    What do you mean its all my fault?...