Hey they got a new mouse why not me!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hey they got a new mouse why not me!!

Unhappy Hey they got a new mouse why not me!!

The other day we just got in some more Microsoft intelli mouse (optical)

I gave one to a user which his mouse was thrashed and the buttons didnt work agan. (an old ball mouse)

The next day I get a user in asking if he can get one of the new mice... at this time I already gave the all out to users who really needed them. We only had 8 of the new ones.

Any who this is how it went....

User: Hello, Derrick
    Me: Hello, xxxxxxx
    User: Do you have anymore of them optic mice?
    Me: No, why whats wrong with the one you have?
    User: The ball is to hard to push, it hurts my hand. I think I need a optic mouse to cure my hand
    Me: Well you will need to send me a remedy request and talk with your supervisor about ordering one.

At this time im thinking to my slef WTF!! just cause his friend next to him got one he comes it bullsh1tting me to get one.

I go over and look at his mouse, it scrolls and moves fine, very smooth nothing wrong with the mouse.

Anywho he gets his supervisor to order him a mouse (its all good) and he gave me a remedy request.

2 days later he comes back to me...

User: Derrick!?
    ME: Yes?
    User: Is my mouse in yet?
    ME: No, they probily havnt ordered it yet, we are not incharged of any purches, go to purcheing to find out the status.
    User: Oh, ok

Thing is I work for the County and when somthing is ordered it takes at least 6 months (6 months is fast)

Any who, if he was honest with me I wouldnt be so angry, just say that you wanted the nice fashy mouse. Dont make up an excuse about a medic problem, if this is the case we can goto our saftey supervisors and they can find out the correct mouse for him... Get him the WHALE mouse... this thing is ugly, flat and log, it will also extend out and in to fit the hand. Its a medic mouse.

Though I never sent him to the safteys..

You get all kinds...

In my previous position, a tech came back to the office furious because he'd just set up a 19" screen for an employee who had complained about her 15" monitor being too small.

As soon as she got the new one, she complained once again that the characters were still too small. The tech set her up at 800x600 resolution with large characters and left when she exclaimed that "now", she could work properly.

It would have been cheaper to buy glasses...
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Had a customer a few years ago come in after buying a new computer to complain that it was not all the same colour biege.

After she went to every dept head she could find on our website contact list, we broke down and gave her a black aptive with a black epson pinter in exchange for her system.

The best part is when she called us for support a few months later. boy was she not happy that we are not authorized to service IBM systems.

I'm having the same mouse problem at work. Most of the computers in our office are 2-3 years old now, with the original mouse that came with the computer. Even with cleaning, some of them are beginning to get unreliable and kludgy. Everyone wants ME to get them a new one, and my response to them is "Go out and buy a new one of your choosing, and submit the receipt as a company expense."

To date, I am the only one that has bothered to do this. And the company reimbursed me $70 for a new Logitech MouseMan Wheel Optical. Everybody thinks it's cool with the factory installed blue LED, but I don't see anybody else in the office rushing out to buy 'em.

We mainly use Compaq PC's at our sites, and now they have replaced their older beige Deskpro models with black EVO's, people keep wanting to swap their machines with the newer ones because, they say, their older ones aren't fast enough. Never mind the fact that thier "older" ones are like PIII 933MHz PC's with 256MB of RAM and all they do is run Office etc all day.

One person actually swapped their PC with a Trainee's herself, without telling us, and then complained because the software that she needed wasn't installed on the new PC.

Some people must think we use asset tags for decoration.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Novakain:
    <strong>We mainly use Compaq PC's at our sites, and now they have replaced their older beige Deskpro models with black EVO's, people keep wanting to swap their machines with the newer ones because, they say, their older ones aren't fast enough. Never mind the fact that thier "older" ones are like PIII 933MHz PC's with 256MB of RAM and all they do is run Office etc all day.

One person actually swapped their PC with a Trainee's herself, without telling us, and then complained because the software that she needed wasn't installed on the new PC.

Some people must think we use asset tags for decoration.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">wow, I get this same problem to..

Thing is we still use 150 mhz - p4 1.7ghz

We have about 15 150 mhz in use, 80 300mhz and 500 mhz in use. we have about 35 850 mhz in use and now we just got in 25 p4 1.7 ghz and another 15 coming in.

Most of these people only use there systems for email and complain cause there co-worker has a faster computer.

We still have a 4 486 cpu and a dual 150mhz server running. We have some really old servers.

Pentium 150MHz PC's? Wow.

Most of our PC's are leased, so the slowest machines we would have on a client's desk would be a PII-450. We've got older machines for basic server's, DP's etc. But it sounds like our clients don't know how lucky they are.

You can give the users the latest and greatest computer and they will still find something to complain about.

I purchased 85 new Netvista Gigahertz desktop machines and they complained because it wasn't black like their old one was and wouldn't match their monitor.

Hehe, they really hated it when I told them they couldn't turn them on their sides like a tower. Or put them on the floor. Hey, not my corporate policy. I just enforce the rules, someone else makes them.

But seriously, of all the things users complain about, why is it always the small, petty things?

Daemon,
    Did you keep one mouse for yourself?
    Live Free or Die

Never forget, never lose those who have been lost.

My Malinois is smarter than your honor roll student!

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Draggar:
    <strong>Daemon,
    Did you keep one mouse for yourself? </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oh yeah!!!

Me and 3 other techs

How you think I gave out 8 new mice so fast LOL

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Capt. O:
    <strong>You can give the users the latest and greatest computer and they will still find something to complain about.

I purchased 85 new Netvista Gigahertz desktop machines and they complained because it wasn't black like their old one was and wouldn't match their monitor.

Hehe, they really hated it when I told them they couldn't turn them on their sides like a tower. Or put them on the floor. Hey, not my corporate policy. I just enforce the rules, someone else makes them.

But seriously, of all the things users complain about, why is it always the small, petty things?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">see thats the thing, they think the machine is theres.

They think they can do what ever they want to it. Thats flase, its the companies.

Thing is all the sections here at my work we give out systems to each section but to get our money we charge each section $25 a system every 3 months

not to bad. But if the user screws up the system like drops the monitor etc.. that section must pay for it.

WE use Dells, the Optiplex GX150, which comes in two models, a fat tower and a slim desktop which can be set as a tower with a screw on base. Dell is really slow with our orders, so this dept has already hired a person and set them at the desk, then complained when they didn't have a pc...so we had a fat tower pc which is different than the other depts' slims...plus I used a generic mouse and keyboard...this is a loaner...and guess what? They freaked! Why is this one different? Why isn't it the same? Why are the mouse and keyboard not black? Blah blah blah..They finally shut up about it when I told them this was only a loaner, don't get attached, and if they didn't like this one, I can take it away..they almost started to say fine-take it..until I told them we had nothing else to give them until their own pc arrived and they could certainly wait for it..uhm sorry, no I don't know when Dell will ship it....
    "There is always a need for intoxication: China has opium, Islam has hashish, the West has woman."
    André Malraux
    (1901-1976)

"Don't let worry kill you -- let the church help."

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Capt. O:
    <strong>You can give the users the latest and greatest computer and they will still find something to complain about.

But seriously, of all the things users complain about, why is it always the small, petty things?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">We just got in 75 IBM NetVista's with the 17" viewable screen. 1.8 Ghz processors, 40 gig hdd. People are bitching about them because they won't slide under their over head cabinets...but the REAL kicker...there are some that are mad that they don't have a floppy with them. We are going to order a couple externals to work with them and they are giving us attitude because they will have to come get them.

I'm like H-E-L-L-O..you people are going from a celeron 400 to the above specs and you are bitching about a FLOPPY>??????
    Failure is not an option -- its a "feature" of Windows.

Mama never told me geekhood was gonna be like this....

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Lycia:
    <strong>Dell is really slow with our orders, so this dept has already hired a person and set them at the desk, then complained when they didn't have a pc...so we had a fat tower pc which is different than the other depts' slims...plus I used a generic mouse and keyboard...this is a loaner...and guess what? They freaked!</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Were you obliged to provide them with a PC on loan? Even though it's their fault they didn't order a PC on time?

I have to support around 30 486's @ 66Mhz running Win3.11 and Citrix Thin Client. Users only complain when someone else gets a new PC OR they buy a PC for home use. ("My PC at home ... blah blah blah")