[RESOLVED] Night Owls
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [RESOLVED] Night Owls

Jallentino

Resolved [RESOLVED] Night Owls

This may not belong in this forum, who knows anymore, but I was wondering, most techs I know are night owls. I myself stay up until midnight pretty much every night messing around with something or another. I have to be up by 6:30 am. I was curious if theres a trend in Techs and sleep habits......of course on weekends I burn up some sleep time.

TheoneDKS

I wind up doing the same thing. The problem is I need to be at work at 6 am. I realy have a hard time getting up at 4:30 am when I only get to sleep at 1.

Sleep! SLEEP?! GULP! WHO NEEDS SLEEP!? GULP! SLEEP IS VASTLY OVER-RATED! GULP! TOSS ME ANOTHER MOUNTAIN DEW!!!! GULP!
    "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."

slkdprk

go to sleep at 12AM get up at 7:30am. girlfriend wakes me up when she leaves for work...
    /SLK

------------------
    It's a Jeep thing you wouldn't understand.

Imagenatas

I sleep from 1 til 7:30. That's all I need.

------------------
    Hey? Why is my computer promting me if I would like to accept a cookie? Is it Oatmeal or Chocolate Chip?

captpackrat

If I'm left to my own devices (i.e., no work), I tend to stay up until 2-4 in the morning, then sleep til noon. [img]http://cwm.ragesofsanity.com/s/dvv/ah****.gif[/img]

------------------
    Captain Troy D. Pack Rat
    `akbar Press

If you're furry and you know it, hug the mouse!

ratcliff

Cool

In my line of work (Stage Tech), I get to stay up till 4 in the morning and still do a full 'days' work as well. Good hay. I dont have to be in work till midday tomorow. Shame its a saterday though. (BTW its 1:45am local time where I am)

CREEPINGDEATH

I've been trying to find or make the perfect stimulant for years i think i got the recipe right>

you will need

1 20oz glass or larger

2 no/doze tablets

2 cans of jolt cola

3 tablespoons of fresh ground coffee

4 tablespoons of sugar

2 vitamin C tablets

fill up the rest of the glass with regular iced tea [not powdered]

put in blender on frape'

drink at your own risk. ENJOY!!!

or you can just go to your local drug dealer for some methanphetamine

------------------
    oookay people your all respectable parents...oh except for you marge, you tested positive for crack and PCP

evilcabbage

Ive been wondering about this for a while ...

I usually go to bed between midnight, and 2am. At work by 7:30. Spend most of sunday sleeping to recouperate.

celbane

i got to bed rather early actually. right when i can see the light from the day star, i got to where i have a bed made in my tub and start sleeping (since there are no windows in there) praying this night isn't the night the cockroach queen comes and lays her eggs in my eyesockets.

RexNexus

Sleep is for the weakminded and content!! Coffee is the elixer of productivity and Don't forget to eat. There is always one more hour of work, or play that can be squezzed in--NO EXCEPTIONS!! Life is short make the most of it. I have no intent to die at 90 having spent 30 years in bed!!!

wire_wiz

Since I work at home it really doesn't matter much, but I find it easier to get more work done between midnite and 6 AM as I have no distractions,ie: girlfriend, business partner, end user 1d10ts,etc. Just me the machines and the munchies.

jtech

Cool

I sleep 3-4 hours a night somewhere in between 1am and 6am have to be to work at 10:00am work till 7 pm and start all over again, execept for all the before work and after work, service calls and friends. Got to love those friends. hahaha. I should get a life, I can't find one that I want, or I can afford.

Ebra

between midnight and 3am and i have to get up at 6 to be at work on sundays i sleep till noon or later

masssmail

It seems that my sleep paterns have good intentions, but I can't leave a computer that needs either tweeking or fixing alone. This means the majority of my late nights are spend here on the computer, doing stuff that in the big scheme, is probably totaly worthless. Later I always say to myself, I should have just gone to bed. Loss of time is also common around computers.....