My computer stole my playstation's memory... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My computer stole my playstation's memory...

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Visgothy:
    <strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by CW_WD_RIOT:
    <strong>That reminds me of a post while back about a person asking if an as/400 is a good computer to buy and if doom or some other game would run on it.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">... sure I guess that you told him that was the best PC that you could run DOOM. And even have GREEN screen to run it! Of course you need to wait a deal for it for 4 processors w/ printer and printer big as dishwasher!!

</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Speaking of printers as big as dishwashers; I remember not that long ago (Fortune 500 company running ES9000) when I would walk in a room full of 12 of those Printronix printers - all printing at once. Talk about noisy!
    The early bird may get the worm; but the second mouse gets the cheese!

After reading this post, I went over to a friends house. Seems he won himself a ps2 in a raffel at work. I started thinking about this post and then noticed 2 usb ports on the front of the thing.

Now I wonder, if a pc's usb ports deliver power to usb devices, then the ps2's must work the same way. so what happens when you send current down the line from both directions?

My guess is that if this is a serious request for help, the ps2 lost the push-o-war.

Damned Angel is exactly right. If you connect two type A ports, you will fry something (if not both things)

There are two types of USB connectors, A and B. A is the long rectangular type that you have on your computer. Type B is the squarish connector found on peripherals (scanners, printers, etc)

The reason for this setup is to prevent some dufus from connecting an A port to another A port, however A-A cables do exist, don't ask me why, so it is possible.

If you want to connect A-A and network, you need to buy a special cable that costs about $30-50.