[RESOLVED] Worse to give computer help - Friends or Customers? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: [RESOLVED] Worse to give computer help - Friends or Customers?

My friends are no problem in this regard, but then they're mostly techie-geeks too.

As for family, well I've taught my brother and given him enough books that he mostly stays out of trouble. My Dad, on the other hand, well... he calls me over to his place for any/all computer problems he runs into. Of course, he also gets abotu $200/month knocked off my rent; so I don't complain too much.

------------------
    Thank you for calling, how can I hang up on you today?
    4 out of 5 voices in my head say, GO FOR IT!

MacGyver

Angry

My dad lives on the west coast, I live in the east, he calls me at least once a week to ask me something. I find it pretty hard to help him out, I'm only 3000 MILES AWAY!

------------------
    If it ain't broke, and you try to fix it anyway, then it WILL need fixing!

slkdprk

family isn't bad, most of my cousins are very puter literate. Friends are ok it's the friends of my girlfrined that chap my ***. I fix their puters and don't even get a freakin card, sheesh people suck.
    /SLKDPRK

Banned
    _-=bump=-_

anny body wanna here me gripe about my brother he is such a spoiled little kid at age 41 , i have stopped fixxing his computer as he takes it to a shop and pays royally., wich makes me happy knowing somebody else has to deal with him , i hope he looses his temper and runs his yapper and someone loosens a few more of his teath..
    man now that my dad has passed away he is such a money grubber .. let him act anny way like he used too , he will be up the hospital again .. hope he likes voicing his opinion up in the icu ...as voicing his opinion about his computer
    i built being a piece of crap and freezing lcking up and sending my email account viruses {doh}
    last word was i installed service pack 2 and it made my computer not boot i had to wipe it all out {duh uninstal the spyware, and the 15 viruses and he would have been ok}
    on his last pc ,with him i gave him no warrenty because he brought it home then sent it out to a pc shop the next day {why me?}
    how can you warrenty somebody elses work?
    imagine where all of my frustrations came from?
    picture a brother that did everything he could to screw you?
    and you leave him live , and forever kick yorue self in teh a~s~~s because you know you would have been out of jail by now!

ok now as far as friends , 1 used to charge everybody else money to have me fix thier computers , fringe benifits are like this if i needed somebody ruffed up ,, i could tell them how bad to beat them , so it was an eaven trade ...
    the thier are the other freinds
    amcfreek: dude dont open email attachments if you didnt know what it is..
    freind : yah but then i dont get my atachment
    amcfreek: dude delete annything if you dont know what it is
    :friend: yea but then i dont get my atachment

common sense:yeah but then you dont get viruses either!
    with him i charge like 100$ more to build a pc as you know you will be called to remove something that installed itself...

Damn freddy...oooops, I mean freeky. That is one tough life you've lived.
    Here is a brother story if you are interested:
    http://forums.windrivers.com/showthread.php?t=66524

Quote Originally Posted by TripleRLtd
    Damn freddy...oooops, I mean freeky. That is one tough life you've lived.
    Here is a brother story if you are interested:
    http://forums.windrivers.com/showthread.php?t=66524

AMCFREEK is NOT Freddy - no way no how! AMC is unique
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Yeah, I noticed.
    Just "playing" btw.

Registered User FatalException0E's Avatar
    Wow, this is a real resurection. Speaking on the subject here, knowing lots about computers and a bit about cars is a double curse. My friend's cousin calls me while I'm driving.
    "Yeah, I heard a pop sound and my car started running really bad. I looked under the hood and there's this little thing with four little U-shapped things on it, and it looks like one of the things popped off or broke or something. What's wrong?"

That's how most of the computer questions are....then my mom asks me how to use the camera on her new cell phone. How the heck should I know? My phone is from a different company, a different service, its two years old and was a cheapo then! RTFM!
    Contents: One signature
    || |||| | |||| |||

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    AMCFREEK is NOT Freddy - no way no how! AMC is unique

AMC is definately different....Its been years with him around and I still dont understand a F;ing thing he says
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

Quote Originally Posted by FatalException0E
    Wow, this is a real resurection. Speaking on the subject here, knowing lots about computers and a bit about cars is a double curse. My friend's cousin calls me while I'm driving.
    "Yeah, I heard a pop sound and my car started running really bad. I looked under the hood and there's this little thing with four little U-shapped things on it, and it looks like one of the things popped off or broke or something. What's wrong?"

That's how most of the computer questions are....then my mom asks me how to use the camera on her new cell phone. How the heck should I know? My phone is from a different company, a different service, its two years old and was a cheapo then! RTFM!
    My hat is off to anyone with enough cojones to tell his own mama to RTFM!

Salud!!!
    If only you knew what's inside of me now,
    You wouldn't want to know me, somehow.