cd in a cd rom

Thread: cd in a cd rom

Question cd in a cd rom

I'm still trying to figure this out, customer said that they had a cd stuck in the cd rom, nothing new. Take a look at the computer, can't see a cd in the cd rom. Take the computer apart and take the cd rom out, and saw about 1/2 inch of cd sticking out the back of the cdrom. It somehow managed to get stuck in between the metal top and the plastic back of the cd rom.

------------------
    .·°Danrak°·.

I possess a mind not merely twisted, but actually sprained.
    Tech Handbook Filling your computer needs.

3fingersalute

Exclamation

Don't spend too much time trying to figure out end-users, you never will be able to!

------------------
    I have no recollection of any set of words, that when grouped together, form a favorite saying!

J189

I had a school phone me up and said they needed a new cd for a special program they had (cd's were like 100 bucks a pop, and there are like 25 cd's in a set) anyways i asked them what happened, and they said that some kid put it in the cd rom, and now they couldn't find it, so they figured someone must have misplaced it. So we sent off an order for a new one, and it arrived and everything was fine. Then about 6 months later they decided to upgrade the network of about 8 computers, and i went to install them. so i was taking apart the old ones (they wanted me to save the cd rom's) and while taking apart one, i noticed a cd in one of the cases!! it puzzled me for a minute and then realize, some kid had shoved a cd in between the 3 1/2 drive and the cd rom drive (you know that little crack in between them) Man that cracked me up that some kid would be dumb enough not to know how to open the cd drawer!! anyways i had a good laugh over and now they got 2 100 buck cd's

Komok

Let us all imagine other places where we could stick CDs

------------------
    A person who argues must be completely sure in himself. A thinking person would never be completely sure in anything. That's why two thinking persons would never argue; share their points of view they will

evilcabbage

Had a guy come to me once..

"my kids have been putting thier games in the computer, but we cant get the CD's back out"
    Odd. If they were poking the CD's in, how could they poke more in, without removing the last one? Opened the case (one of the older Aopen ones, wieghing 500lb, the ones I like) and there were half a dozen CD's in the bottom of the case, that had been pushed through a small gap between the CDrom, and a face plate.

Other noteworthy mention, is the woman that tried to stack the CD's on top of one another. Scratched hell out of the bottom one, ended up having to replace her new office 2000 disk. I didnt have an ounce of pity though, cos she was so damn snooty.

------------------
    Its like shooting fish in a barrel, in the head, at point blank range, with an elephant gun.

SiCkNuT

It just amazes me at how stupid people can be. It's not like the CD is a new invention. Upside down I can understand, but two at once and putting them into the case... well... I give up...

------------------
    [ i N S A N i T Y 2 0 o 1 ]