[RESOLVED] It was Destined to be... - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: [RESOLVED] It was Destined to be...

I was destined to follow my father's foot steps and become a computer programmer. And I did. But its not my full time job...I'm an actor. LOL!!
    Donegal Sixth Brigade
    Scrappin' clanners off the bottom of our mech's feet.

I think I was destined to do research in the field of biopsychology. I suppose I felt database design was far more beneficial to humankind.

My mom wanted me to be a preacher and my dad wanted an auto mechanic.
    Techie it is....
    "Is a dream a lie, if it don't come true?" -Springsteen

I was destined to be what I am, else I wouldn't be here right now posting on WinDrivers.com!

Originally posted by Doug Kluth:
    My mom wanted me to be a preacher and my dad wanted an auto mechanic.
    Techie it is....
    And won't your mom be proud when someday you're a Tech God! LOL
    "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."

Was going to open a martial arts studio. Thank goodness I didn't do that! No money and every tough guy on the block wants to see if you really are superman like all your students brag that you are.
    Then I was going to be a proffessional bodyguard but couldn't figure out how to break into the business, thankfully.
    Finally I fell into a job as an electrician which became my vocation for the next 13 years. Got bored so I took up computers after my brother-in-law got me hooked.
    Oh yeah, I was going to be a gun dealer (seriously) but WAY too much gov't regulating and not much money.
    Sparky Mark
    Life is real, life is earnest- and the grave is not it's goal- dust thou art, to dust returneth- was not spoken of the soul...

I was supposed to be a rock star. Might still happen! I've been in and out of the studio the past month or so recording an album. Wish me luck!
    DON'T PANIC

well other than the fact that I had some big guy dressed in black with a resperator bothering me to join the dark side and everyone calling me luke for some reason. I'd have to say that I was destined to be a dust farmer on a far of planet... that and I was also destined to become a history major and a hopelessly wasted and ruined human from my trials and errors in life... course ya know I had no *****ion so history teaching sounded cool at first. Then I realized hey lightsabers really rocked and computers are really fun to work on just I never thought I had the ability to learn much about em.

Originally posted by techleet:
    I was supposed to be a rock star. Might still happen! I've been in and out of the studio the past month or so recording an album. Wish me luck!
    <h1>Good Luck!!!</h1>

<h6>And send us a freebie. </h6>
    "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."

Cool

I'm in gratuate school for archaeology and
    moonlight as a tech.
    Hopefully someday I'll actually make money as an overpaid stuffy professor talking about stuff only I give a crap abou

i was destined to be a bartender. pay was great, met great people, the hours rocked and i was friggin' great at it. these little white boxes that made cool things happen just intruiged me to no end. so now i learn everything i possibly can about computers. just happened to figure out that the way my mind works is very compatible with these addicting things... so i guess this is my true destiny. even went as far as to open a computer store with zero start-up capital and 1 machine (1 year ago, march 13th 2000). now it is a thriving web hosting/site design/computer repair/network consulting/programming business with multiple people doing the work. amazing that i just stopped slinging drinks about 2 years ago and taught myself to do this stuff (and if you were wondering: no, i do not sleep on a regular basis. caffine is our friend, etc, etc, etc...)
    windows (When-Does-OH-S**t): (n) a 32 bit platform running with 16 bit performance with built on an 8 bit foundation that is not worth 2 bits.

Well I am actually a qualifed Chef (6years), hated the hours and the money so I quit and got into computing. Now I am a sysadmin and loving it.
    It was like that when I got here!_ _ _ ___ _ _ _ pig's a$$.

Originally posted by techleet:
    Good Luck Techleet
    It was like that when I got here!_ _ _ ___ _ _ _ pig's a$$.

Exclamation

I am destined to preach the gospel to the nations, and like Paul the apostile I am going to work on 'puters to support my self
    ( Paul made tents to support his ministry )
    I like to tinker and enjoy technical stuff , When I bought my first computer I could not type, and I never dreamed that I would be fixing these things, Now to get going on my career
    Format c I'm givin er all she's got cap'in !!! )

I'm thinking probably the smartest damn hvac guy that ever lived.