electromagnetic people?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: electromagnetic people?

Question electromagnetic people?

Does anyone know a person that just cannot use a floppy disk? It just always courupts?
    My sister is one of these people and cannot use magnetic disks, if she buys a watch, it lasts about 3 days.
    I've been over it again and again with her. Keep these things away from magnets, cell phones etc. But even if I just let her hold one of my disks, its ruined. I should call her magneto.
    Anyone else know of this type of person?
    I'm just a little mushroom. always kept in the dark...

Yes, my sister in law is like that, she cant wear a watch, they just stop or go weird on her and her hubby has banned her from going near his PC because of the strange things that have happened to it.
    If it aint broke, don't fix it....... If it's broke, buy a new one

There are numerous tales of technicians, those blessed with a special power. Just by touching the case or by their sheer presence, have the ability to cure the ailing system and restore order to the world of electronics.

Legend also tells of those who have given in to the Dark Side of the TechForce. Computers self-destruct in their presence, or malfunction in critical, BSOD inducing ways.

Actually, the Electric Human phenomenon is well known. Check out http://www.amasci.com/weird/unusual/zap.html

My borther is one of those on the dark side of the force. He breaks stuff just by touching it. I've gone through 3 universal remotes, each of which were working properly 5 minutes before he started to use it. It's the only thing that's prevented me from buying a Pronto.
    end of line.

Originally posted by ShadowWynd:
    There are numerous tales of technicians, those blessed with a special power. Just by touching the case or by their sheer presence, have the ability to cure the ailing system and restore order to the world of electronics.

Legend also tells of those who have given in to the Dark Side of the TechForce. Computers self-destruct in their presence, or malfunction in critical, BSOD inducing ways.

Actually, the Electric Human phenomenon is well known. Check out http://www.amasci.com/weird/unusual/zap.html
    Everything I touch I get a shock and yes I have the lamp post thing happen who knows how many times. But when it comes to breakings stuff I can't do it. I've tried to destroy floppys and test to see if they work and they never fail. Also I've taken a harddrive appart, played with the discs and put it back together and the harddrive worked perfectly and still does. I also have the technician presents, usually when I go to fix a computer the error that would not go away all of the sudden disappears when I get there and won't return untill I leave.
    To each his/her own.

Cool

Hmm, maybe it's a good thing that I do phone support....
    1. Prior to my purchase of a solar powered watch, every watch I've ever owned has gone nuts within 3 months of my wearing but can be restored to normal functioning by leaving it on my night table.
    2. I run a humidifier on high at home constantly to cut down on the number and intensity of shocks I get.
    3. I don't wear wool, I don't drag my feet, but every other time I touch a conductive object I zapped by static electricity.
    4. I've been hit with a high enough charge of static electricity that I've lost all sensation in that hand.
    5. On more than 1 occasion, I've reached out to touch the control knob on my floor lamp and have seen an inch long arc of blue static electricity jump out to my fingers. This only happens to me and nobody else, so I don't think it's the lamp.
    6. One afternoon, I reached over to point something out to my girlfriend on the computer monitor and got zapped with a small yellow arc of static electricity.
    4 out of 5 voices in my head say, GO FOR IT!

greyphilosopher

Angry

Yeah I've seen a case of electro-people and the trail of fried appliances\gidgets in their wake. Myself I have a different problem. All devices that I carry for any lenght of time, watches, pda's etc all die by violent impact while i'm wearing them. Seriously I've pooched half a dozen watches that way as well as my first velo and then a palm3. Go figure

My uncle, a watch lasts 2 days. If he sits to close to a tv it developes a green tint. He can't use a hand held cell phone, he has to use an old bag style car phone. I haven't let him near a pc.

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar

My cousin is like this but he can only wear a watch for a few minutes before it starts to act starnge
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

Originally posted by WhoMe:
    Yes, my sister in law is like that, she cant wear a watch, they just stop or go weird on her and her hubby has banned her from going near his PC because of the strange things that have happened to it.
    WhoMe, it seems that you forgot to change your name. There's only one AlienDyne!
    The wandering Odysseus of the web.

Talking

It's a good thing me being in a place with 85% humidity, because I can't shock computers. I AM an electric person, media I handle excluding HD and CD's, the data fails in a day. But, if it drops to about 60% humidity I go around shocking everything and I refuse to work and I also get blood noses if the humidity drops.

We used to joke in school that it was a belt device they issue you when you get your A+, that computers can sense within 50'. When one is in this magic radius the computer behaves fine; as soon as you're further away again, it resumes it's old misbehaviour.

A couple of months back I went through a period of about four days when I was shocking everything like crazy, painfully too. I normally don't bother with an ESD strap (we have the pad and I always unplug and ground out) but for that time I was wearing one every second I was at my bench.
    Flash! Don't heckle the supervillain!

You will all love this one,
    My father is an electrician, and when i was younger (about 12-13) i took a zap from a High Voltage Line (yeah, the ones on the top of the pole) now, ive taken shocks in my life, but none that strong, i was knocked out for several minutes.
    Since then, i have been a never ending supply of static electricity (even if i was on sidewalk in safe clothing), when at work i need extra grounding (one wrist strap cant support "my power") and i can fix a computer or break one by touch. there have even been incidents of lightbulbs ligting in my hand for a brief second...it is so great to be my own battery (just wish i had the balls to try and jump my car.)
    24 Hours in a day, 24 beers in a case, coincidence?
    I THINK NOT!!!
    It Wasn't Me...It Was The One Armed Man.

My dad is like that, sometimes he can grab a lightbulb at the end and it'll flash for a split second
    "Computers are useless, they can only give you answers"
    -Pablo Picasso

I'm not quite that bad, but I cannot wear a digital wristwatch without it displaying all kinds of weird characters.

If I'm in a really bad mood, I can set off the alarms at store doors just by walking through them (whatever you call those things that alert when something's being stolen). I once got jumped by a security guard because I went into a department store to pick up something I had ordered and they didn't have it (even tho they'd called me to tell me they had it!), so I stormed out in a huff and set off the alarm! Boy, that did NOTHING to improve my mood!
    #include <disclaimer.h>: I didn't do it, nobody saw me, you can't prove anything, I swear I checked her ID first, and the opinions expressed herein are my own and not those of my employer.