Angry users
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Angry users

Post Angry users

Did you ever had a PC that was kicked, hit with a hammer, written all over, etc.? We had a guy in the office who would kick the PC under his desk every time he got some message window. It wouldn't have to be an error. Just info, warning, confirmation, or any other standard pop up message. His excuse was that the pop ups weren't helping him to concentrate. Our excuse was that we had to replace the case when accounting charged him for a new one.

Darren Wilson

'A good swift well placed punch or kick does actually cure some problems' - Page 666 Sub-Section H, A, D, E, S, - Microsoft Guide To PC Repairs

Problems like these should be handled by HR. Not the IT dept. He is willfully damaging company property. And if your company is anything like mine, getting a new computer ordered and delivered is like squeezing blood from a stone. In our office, all the PC's are on the desks and not under them, just in case somebody accidentally kicked one.

What would be funny is if the computer kicked him back.

When i was in the Army - we used to have a Multiplexer for the phone lines, a old POS thing.
    after working for some time - it used to get warm, and the "Chips" legs inside used to "Expend" what caused them to come out of place.

the Manual way to fix it was - "Bring it up to about 0.5M hight, and drop it down !!!!!

in sevire cases 1M also used to work
    If you are into Video Editing : <a href="http://www.highvid.com" target="_blank">www.HighVid.com</a>

I think they omitted that from my Tech Support book in college. However, I found this technique to be especially useful on Macs when I was in High School.

Originally posted by Darren Wilson:
    'A good swift well placed punch or kick does actually cure some problems' - Page 666 Sub-Section H, A, D, E, S, - Microsoft Guide To PC Repairs

Every good technician... TV, A/C, Computer, Electronics... Every single one of them knows of and uses on occasion the "technical tap".

Jeez... You make it seem like a bad thing!
    I've got socks appeal!

CobraTekMax

Nothing like grabbing a 20 pound sledge to put the fear of god in a computer, and make it start behaving again. I've never had to swing it, though.

Sparky625.NET

Ahh yes... percussive maintenance.

I drop kicked one on an afternoon that I was having a bad day...it was a P.O.S. anyway...no big loss....I am actually stripping down some old ones this afternoon and ran across it....dented the h#ll out of the case...I felt better!
    Failure is not an option -- its a "feature" of Windows.

Mama never told me geekhood was gonna be like this....

Cool

The highly evolved RTW (rap, tap and wiggle) test is an invaluable tool to every tech!
    "what'dya mean I hosed the whole thing? Is that bad?"

I once got a call to come and check out a system that was attacked with a samurai sword by a jealous ex-husband. The system looked like s*** but still ran fine.
    "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."

I only kicked one computer, knocked something loose in the power supply....

Heh, one of my co-workes used to reboot his computer, by kicking it. Guess he really need to "boot the computer".
    4 out of 5 voices in my head say, GO FOR IT!

Cool

Some customers of mine keep warning me they will start kicking their machines and then throw them away and get themselves new ones if their problems won't stop, but no one has ever actually done it yet!
    The wandering Odysseus of the web.

Only time I ever hit a computer was to get it to reboot My friend brought his computer into the shop one day and said it kept randomly rebooting, when I set it up it would NOT do anything, just ran fine.. So i began hitting the side of the case and it reboot ... Hit the powersupply, REBOOT, so we replaced the powersupply and it worked fine.
    "Knowledge belongs in the hands of the people"