thanks Best Buy and compaq

Thread: thanks Best Buy and compaq

Microsoft Headquarters, 7th level of Hell

Talking thanks Best Buy and compaq

cha-ching!
    i just made about $800 off of 2 customers for similar problems:
    1)Compaq, HDD, Video, and Sound suddenly stopped working (sounds familiar) fixed it all cheaper than Compaq would have (which is where he was going to send it at first.

2) Machine wasnt connecting to the internet and Best Buy said the ladies MoBo was bad and there was nothing they could do-New modem from me plus some added extras since she liked me so much and now Best Buy looks like a bunch of morons! ha now all her friends come to me!

ahh i should open my own store, sit it across the road from best buy and go to town.
    AMD Athlon T-Bird 1.2 gigahurtz
    1.045 gigabytes pc 2100 DDR Ram
    2X 40 GB HDDs running in raid as 1 80 GB Ultra Scusi 160
    Geforce 2 MX 64mb
    Soundblaster X-Gamer

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar

I love it when you can make other stores and comapnies look like crap.
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

Best Buy...need we say more? All I have ever seen there (locally anyway) is nothing but a bunch of wanna-be teenagers that don't know $hit! (whew, I feel better)
    Failure is not an option -- its a "feature" of Windows.

Mama never told me geekhood was gonna be like this....

Elbatcho

Talking

I love going to best Buy and just quizzing the so called computer experts. It's just fun to watch them squirm under pressure. The one kid said that they don't make multi processor machines any more. Another told me that with a CDR I could make my own DVD's. Go bless Best Buy.

Originally posted by PuterGeekGirl:
    Best Buy...need we say more? All I have ever seen there (locally anyway) is nothing but a bunch of wanna-be teenagers that don't know $hit! (whew, I feel better)
    Now children! While I agree that salespeople in these places are generally pimple-faced teenagers lacking practical knowledge, let's not forget where we came from. And no, I don't work for one of these places.

It's not the kids fault, they're just trying to make a few bucks to pay for their cars and insurance or tuition or whatever. But they get thrown into a position with minimal knowledge about what it is they're selling.

Now, computer super-stores are another question!
    "what'dya mean I hosed the whole thing? Is that bad?"

One of my best friends likes to go into the Future Shop or Radio Shack and ask them if their machines have full LRF support, just to see if the salespeople will try to BS their way through the conversation.

LRF=Little Rubber Feet
    Flash! Don't heckle the supervillain!

Originally posted by PuterGeekGirl:
    Wannabe teenager? is that a 12 year old who wishes he/she was a teen or something?
    "Computers are useless, they can only give you answers"
    -Pablo Picasso

I am an expert at pi$$ing off the sales people at the local electronics stores. I spent two hours with a guy at the local curcuit city, because the salesman didn't know a cell phone from a hibatchi, and the guys at the local fry's run away when I enter the isle (go forbid I need help finding something) - I have no respect for anyone who feeds bs to someone who sees them ina position of authority and will jump all over them when I do hear it - I cannot count the number of times I have been without an answer and have had to tell my customer that I did not know and would look it up, even have had to apologise more than I would have liked to because my information was wrong, but as to purposly misleading them to pad a 'mish - I think not!
    Death is lighter than a feather - duty heavier than a mountian.

The answer to your question is: 00110100 00110010

Talking

@whee! Back from ConFurence XII.

When I was working at Computer Renaissance, my store was just a block from a Gateway store, and people used to come into my shop all the time asking for directions to Gateway (duh!). I'd tell them where it was, and then hand them one of our info and price sheets. At least 1/2 of them came back to buy a system from us.

Exclamation

I know exactly what you mean packrat...
    Id say more but people know where I am
    UsePost2000
    IT Consultant
    A+, MCP, MCP+I, MCSA,
    MCSE, MCSE2000, MCDBA,
    MCT, CCNA, CCNP

cyberhh, that's all well and good when you know what you're doing (as I'm assuming your Tech God status indicates), but it can be a *&^%$#@ from the salesperson's side as well. I double duty on the sales floor when it's busy around here and we often get complete yahoos in who interfere when we're trying to explain something to the customer--people who don't know a gig from a meg and think that they're doing people a favour by making sure they buy an e-machine instead a quality one for %10 more... sometimes I just want to slap them out.

Sorry for the rant, and I'm sure it doesn't apply to you
    Flash! Don't heckle the supervillain!