ooh. magic mondays - i dont bleieve it.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ooh. magic mondays - i dont bleieve it.

Lost in a world of confusion, unable to freemymind

Post ooh. magic mondays - i dont bleieve it.

yup. its official. today IS DEFINATELYmonday. the network job i did 3 towns away yesterday all went to pot for a start so im off out htere after work for free. (it is a private customer, the souths largest car dealer) and then cust comes into shop:

cust: The mousepad thingy on my laptop's packed up, can you fix it?

me: depends, if its a software thing then yes, hardware no. (my boss dont like us doing anything he cant do.)

cust: great, can u take a look now?

me: i got a couple jobs on at the- oh sod it, ok.

so i turn it on and it goes into windows infront of cust. no mouse connected.

me: looks like hardware sir, i cant fix it.

cust: can i buy a mouse and plug it in the back?

me: yup. £6.99

cust: great. thanx.
    -oh yeah, can u take a look at it, kinda spring clean for me?

me: sure. gimme 30 mins.
    he leaves. i take it into the workshop turn it on, and the hard drive's blown. wont detect, grinding like a grindey thing in a grindey thing contest. fookin great.
    No girl deserves my tears, and the one who does will never make me cry.

CobraTekMax

I showed up to work today, and here's my list of tasks for the day -

* Change a couple of records for domains that we are taking over hosting of.

* Implement new backup SMTP server at noon.

* Be prepared in case we experience any network problems

In other words, screw around all day and try to look busy. Having a job that doesn't suck RULES!

you really are

<MARQUEE> EVIL EVIL </MARQUEE>

CobraTekMax

*SNIFF*

Cheezmonkey, that's the nicest thing anyone on this board as ever said to me.

DaOnly123Kid

i have school today, and the teachers are really pissed off that hardly anyone showed up to school on 4/20

it sucks (work overload), and then to top it off i have to go to work immediatly after school, then am going to have to stay up all night doing a project, ditch school tomarrow to finish it, the run down to school to turn it in before i go to work tomarrow without sleep

What can i say Cobra? i try.

Elbatcho

Talking

My Monday

Check the DB servers to make sure they are backing up, some one turned of backupexec agent so back up didn't run

Ran backup up (L)users called cell to complaine about network performance.

Showed new guy the ropes. Watch him break a glass in the kitchen. Handed him off to the web team because I don't know what the hell he is meant to be doing.

Some days just don't feel like they are going to be fun. Oh I forgot, two of my co-workers called out sick, spring fever I guess.

yup. you stupid c--t. you give me your laptop to work on (this is another cust) in a PADLOCKED BAG. KEY? WHAT KEY? ive had enough in this sh1thole.

o so you wanna here bout my monday ok get up this morning my wife is going nuts cuz she cannot find cat not like i care but she is makein me look for it(cat jumped out second story window and it lived DAM it lived)get to work and its hot i mean realy f in hot. go to server room 100+ degrees. alarms going off everwere(dam building manager turned ac in server room off) and cant turn it back on
    dumb a$$. i have this manditory training at 1 and none of my servers are up cuz i had to take them all down because of heat problems
    i had a hell of a time dialing in to get my windrives fix and untill the manager get the dam AC fixed (witch is going to be at least a week) or we get cooler weather most of our servers are down.. and this dam phone is driving me nuts O yea verizon it f()cked up today to
    Impounded impressions of aggressive democracy see lil need to help poverty/
    A land of freedom? Of wealth? Of justice?
    I fear not for me, but for my children to wake up and see, that I am nothing but a slave
    In modern society

Well, my Monday started off great. The train was late, so I hung out on the platform. No problem, it's 70 degrees today and the sun is shining. Pretty cool. I'm walking through Penn Station and this guy plants his 300lbs, size 15 shoe on my foot, then he hits me with his bookbag as he passes by. No problem, it happens all the time, inconsiderate New Yorkers. Anyway, massive data migration this weekend and half the users are down. WTF, the freakin' SA's weren't supposed to switch the scripts until next week. Then the circuit to Newport Beach is severed somewhere in Illinois, and the backup isn't picking up the traffic. Just wonderful. And somehow I'm responsible. The only good thing that has happened today is that my MD cancelled lunch, and only two of my toes hurt, so make that 2 things.
    end of line.

Wow..I've had a great day though a bit odd when you look at it.

1) People who owed me money, actually paid.
    2) New business came in the door, bench is currently full.
    3) Oddest thing of all? I put a dent in the company van first snow fall of the season, it popped out today. You can't even see where it was. Am I living right or what today??

Monday

Two Exams and hick-ups that will not go away!

Got some news toys to play around with in office. Good thing.
    Raining. Bad thing

Looking forward to Tuesday?

NO!Exam that I am scared of then.
    Faith is the substance of things not known and the Evidence of things not seen.

Unhappy

Yup, its definitly Monday.

I DROPPED!!! (I can't believe it), 2 machines today. By 3:30PM I decided to heck with it, I'm going home before I wreck my service truck, or kill myself.

Fortunately, the machines were being sent back for repair.
    I really am trying to understand your point of view, but I can't seem to stick my head that far up my A$$

Uuuugggghhhhhh. At least this thread gives me SOME comfort that it wasn't just ME that was having a bad Monday......

Day starts off with dog peeing in my bed at 6 am (I don't get up until 8, dammit). Bunny escapes while I'm cleaning its cage, chase damned bunny all over yard and finally corner it an hour later (don't want bunny to become Coyote Food - not like I care after an hour on my knees in wet grass). On drive to work, get stuck behind VERY SLOW truck with Mexican plates, spewing noxious fumes and leaf litter all over my windshield. Of course, I'm late to work.

First call of the day is a dude calling from Nowhere, GA with the world's thickest Arab accent, with a damned Motorola SM 56 modem (the SM means that a Sadist created it and you need to be a masochist to work on it!) with KNOWN issues with our software, BUT Mr. Ahab-the-Ayrab won't take NO for an answer. An hour later, he finally agrees to talk to a 2nd level, but then demands to talk to ME because he thinks the 2nd level is rude! Oy vey! I just *love* unsolvable problems first thing in the morning!

Spent the rest of the day stuffing envelopes for some customer survey. Here I am, a highly skilled and not-so-highly paid technician, stuffing envelopes! Egad.
    #include &lt;disclaimer.h&gt;: I didn't do it, nobody saw me, you can't prove anything, I swear I checked her ID first, and the opinions expressed herein are my own and not those of my employer.

Originally posted by GirlGeek:
    Wow..I've had a great day though a bit odd when you look at it.

1) People who owed me money, actually paid.
    2) New business came in the door, bench is currently full.
    3) Oddest thing of all? I put a dent in the company van first snow fall of the season, it popped out today. You can't even see where it was. Am I living right or what today??
    Uhhhhhh, could you lay hands on my wallet? Pick some Lotto numbers for me?
    "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."