[RESOLVED] Problems after MB driver install attempt

Thread: [RESOLVED] Problems after MB driver install attempt

Alan Tang

Angry Problems after MB driver install attempt

Hi, I recently downloaded the viatech drivers for MB to install. The setup program starts then says "Registry error! Please reboot." The next day, I try to use my CDRom, it ain't there anymore. Also in the control panel/system/performance tab, there are 2 issues both which say that Drive C is running is MSDos compatibility mode. It says I have some drivers in autoexec.bat and config.sys that is causing this problem. I bypass everything and still have the same problem. Also, the CDrom's are entirely invisible to Windows now, even after removing them in safe mode, add new hardware refuses to detect them and there is no way I can get access to my CDRoms again. I suspect the dodgey setup program altered or replaced a "vxd" file before it terminated (talk about crappy programming!). Now what I'm left with is an unusable CDRom and an unsuable CDWriter.

If anyone could help, please do so...

Thanx heaps,

alantangcs

Boot up to MSDOS Prompt by pressing the F8 key at the time of bootup.
    When on the C: prompt, type in:
    SCANREG /RESTORE
    Pick out the date you want and follow the steps.

------------------
    An obstacle is something you see when you take your eyes off your goal.
    An obstacle is something you see when you take your eyes off your goal.

Alan Tang

Talking

Eagle PC or whatever your name is, thanx heaps... Spent all day trying to solve that problem and you come up with a 1 minute solution... Yeah anyway, thanx for your help.