First of all everyone should realize that the simple term of good and bad concerning computer products is not simple at all, in fact it is very complicated because every one has special demands how she or he uses a specific product even if most people don't realize it.
All those Intel users should be thankful to AMD.They forced Intel to cut prices on there CPU's (I am sure AMD was not happy about that).If you compare those opening prices of new Intel Processor's just a few years ago to the prices now a days, then you what I am saying.
What about the Celeron ask yourself why this
processor was brought to life!?! (Very funny to see that Intel did not realize that the Celeron slot 1 processor would compete with the PII & PIII, guess that's the reason it was executed , or was it just a calculated move to harm AMD and especially to feed those users on a budget into buying a Celeron knowing that if they want to upgrade their Slot 1 mainboard they have no choice but buying a PII or a PIII)
I hope the K7 CPU will become a major headache for Intel maybe even a small brain tumor. Small ,because the most important thing in any market is competition.
Of course everything would be easier and more comfortable if you could buy everything from one company, but tell me why give up evolution for convenience?
I know what I am saying because I live In Germany where former state run firms had absolute power like postal service, power suppliers and especially the
Telecommunication sector.Well everything is free now a days, but thanks to 50 years of monpolization you still have no real choice.
Back to AMD and Intel. Pray that AMD,IDT and especially Cyrix make it(and all the others),so that you hopefully still have the right to choose in future !!