Would you set up a spy cam?
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you set up a spy cam?

Post Would you set up a spy cam?

This guy I've sold a couple systems to asked me to set up a hidden camera so he could keep tabs on his 17 year old daughters bedroom from his computer. I told him I did not set up that sort of thing. I'm still living in Florida (about 5 more days) and was wondering is this legal? Should I have told his daughter? And have any of you had similar requests and what did you do?

Cool

Sounds like a bit of a perv to me.

Either this guy is way beyond "George" stupid or he's a very sick man. It is either beyond his capability to think about the ramifications of his actions or he knows exactly what he's up to and the probable outcomes. Either way, he is very bad news.....
    "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."

In the state of Florida it is legal to record a person on hidden video without their consent. It is illegal to record audio. (Laws about hidden audio and video recording very from state to state.) So a camera with no sound would be allowed. Of course, since the daughter is a minor, her father has all say over her consent anyway. Legally you're all right, yes, but morally I think that's kind of bizarre. Either he's a perv or a control freak, and I don't really condone either behavior.
    <a href="http://www.8ung.at/furlong47" target="_blank">Furlong47's Poetry Page</a>
    <a href="http://roadtrip.d-domains.net" target="_blank">ROADTRIP!!!</a>

You know it's going to be a long day when you get up, shave and shower, start to get dressed and your shoes are still warm. -- Dean Webber

Darren Wilson

But if the daughter is still a minor and he camera picks up nude images of her and are stored upon the fathers PC, surely this could lead to him being charged under a unlawful sexual situation?

CobraTekMax

I wouldn't do it. Not a question of what's legally right and wrong, just a matter of what kind of s*** I will and won't get involved with.

There are private investigators that will do this sort of thing. Leave it to them.

ok i am going to put a camera in my girls room when she gets older. but i am also going to tell her its there and tell her if she does the nasty then i will streem it on to the net j/k
    Impounded impressions of aggressive democracy see lil need to help poverty/
    A land of freedom? Of wealth? Of justice?
    I fear not for me, but for my children to wake up and see, that I am nothing but a slave
    In modern society

n8dawg, the horrible possibility is that she might be more excited by that than repelled...
    Flash! Don't heckle the supervillain!

Unhappy

WHOA!!!!...does that father have some control and trust issues with his daughter or not?? If anything, I can see him putting a wall up between them, and losing a good chance to become close by installing a hidden camera in her room.

I have a daughter, and remembering what I was like at her age (a walking hormone), it wouldn't have mattered where I did the "THANG".

I was up front with my daughter the whole time, and knew that if she wanted to do the "THANG" she was gonna do it whether I approved of it or not. All I could do was to guide and encourage her to be responsible with it, that it's nothing trivial, but an act of love between a couple that love each other. I cautioned her about pregnancy and STDs, as well as advised her about birth control methods.

As far as this guy goes, the ultimate decision of whether you install it or not is up to you. Personally, as long as it's lawful, and I could get him to sign a release relieving me of any responsibility, I would do it.
    I really am trying to understand your point of view, but I can't seem to stick my head that far up my A$$

Originally posted by Wayward Clam:
    n8dawg, the horrible possibility is that she might be more excited by that than repelled...
    ooo dam, you might be right maybe i can make money off of it j/k

i would never do anything like that. when and if she gets that old its her bussness.
    but its my bussness to kick tha shyt out of the guy she is with
    Impounded impressions of aggressive democracy see lil need to help poverty/
    A land of freedom? Of wealth? Of justice?
    I fear not for me, but for my children to wake up and see, that I am nothing but a slave
    In modern society

Registered User Stanley_Kubrick's Avatar

Wink

N8Dawg, yer new avatar is the shizzle!

I would do it for the guy, provided that on her 18th birthday i get access to the content.
    Jesus Saves.

Gretzky recovers... He shoots... HE SCORES!!!

Elbatcho

Originally posted by Slipstream:
    This guy I've sold a couple systems to asked me to set up a hidden camera so he could keep tabs on his 17 year old daughters bedroom from his computer. I told him I did not set up that sort of thing. I'm still living in Florida (about 5 more days) and was wondering is this legal? Should I have told his daughter? And have any of you had similar requests and what did you do?

What did his daughter look like? I'm sorry I know that's wrong but I had to say it. No I would never do it but I would tell him that they do have compines who do that type of thing and he could see them.

Originally posted by Darren Wilson:
    But if the daughter is still a minor and he camera picks up nude images of her and are stored upon the fathers PC, surely this could lead to him being charged under a unlawful sexual situation?
    Exactly my point.
    "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."

I would od it without hesitation. Not for the fact that it's a chick's bedroom, but for the fact that I have no morals and money is money. I would just make sure that my name never gets mentioned in the lawsuit.
    It's good to be the King.

Speaking of, Mistah C, I know about the cameras under my desk and the bathroom and the toilet!
    "There is always a need for intoxication: China has opium, Islam has hashish, the West has woman."
    André Malraux
    (1901-1976)

"Don't let worry kill you -- let the church help."