People who SHOULDN'T be selling computers... - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: People who SHOULDN'T be selling computers...

Originally posted by Tech_Boi:
    Hewlett Packard??? Compaq??? I think THEY count as people who shouldn't sell computers...

hahahah
    Obviously you have never worked on any servers...
    Compaq Servers are THE best.
    next to that I would place IBM, then HP.
    I hate people that play off - I have a server - I built it myself, it is just as good as anything HP or Dell puts out...
    Bull-sh!t.
    Unless you buy a supermicro or tyan motherboard with a serverworks based chipset, using registered ecc ram, then your just running a pc in a fat case.

I had a friend ask about an E-Machine (read: cold pile of crap) to find out what speed Front Side Bus it had. She asked "What's the bus speed?" to which the knuckle-dragger replied "About 30 miles per hour" - I SWEAR!!!
    Oh my God,almost choked on my coffee when I read that.Now did I miss something?Was that a ktx,or ctx monitor?It's no wonder that some users/buyers get these top of the line performers,and expect the Hal-9000 computer."Dave I'm losing my mind".

Talking

Hey I guess it goes to show that America does not have all the "geniuses"
    We see those types of ads all over the place. What gets me is the people who buy from those ads and think they have the greatest thing since sex usually because their neighbor or reletive said so. Oh well" a fool and their money are soon parted"
    If life is a bitch, then what is death? I believe that I will take the bitch...

Arrow

Best Buy, the most covert and unprofessional COMMISSIONED technology super-store in America, should NOT be selling computers. The reason: employees are harrassed and taunted so much by Best Buy management to sell service plans and MSN Internet service that the employee's ability to understand and work with the customer is completely compromised. I used to work there and saw it ALL the time. It's too bad really...
    "...For no one, no one in this world can you trust, not men, not women, not beasts...(pointing at sword) this you can trust..." -Conan's Father

InsaneTech

Angry

Hmm, lets see, who shouldnt be selling computers, god, tough topic, let me think here, umm... EMACHINES, what a piece of crap line of computers

carrienscott

Talking

sold

Originally posted by kannibul:
    I hate people that play off - I have a server - I built it myself, it is just as good as anything HP or Dell puts out...
    Bull-sh!t.
    Unless you buy a supermicro or tyan motherboard with a serverworks based chipset, using registered ecc ram, then your just running a pc in a fat case.
    I guess you mean Windows based servers then, cause SUN and SGI will run circles around your precious Compaq

QwertyBob

Originally posted by Mr. FEST:
    Hey, another South Aussie - didn't know there were any others on these boards, cool

Yes, i know what your mean ....thank goodness edge is dead now.....
    AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN TO THAT. THE GEAR THEY SOLD WAS CRAP, THE SERVICE WAS WORSE AND GOD FORBID IF SOMETHING BROKE AND YOU TRIED TO GET WARRANTY SERVICE.

Originally posted by Focumba:
    AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN TO THAT. THE GEAR THEY SOLD WAS CRAP, THE SERVICE WAS WORSE AND GOD FORBID IF SOMETHING BROKE AND YOU TRIED TO GET WARRANTY SERVICE.
    ROFLMAO, and AMEN

Arrow

Obviously you have never worked on any servers...Compaq Servers are THE best.
    Originally posted by Lizardking
    I guess you mean Windows based servers then, cause SUN and SGI will run circles around your precious Compaq
    I have to agree with Lizardking...my Sun's are practically bulletproof..
    On the other hand, you have different fingers...

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Fubar:
    [B]In my younger, kinder days I used to go into stores like the RS and would occassionally hear someone asking a salesperson a question. After lisitening to the answer I would tell the customer the real answer. Which was most often very different from what the salesperson said. My conclusion is that most of those selling computers souldn't be when there are so many used car lots out there with 'Help Wanted' signs hanging.

Hey, i'm sorry my first post on this site should be confrontational, but I have to say that if you came into my workplace and did that, I would ask you to leave, and I would have the bosses blessing to do so. It may be that you emerged from the womb knowing everything there is to know about wrenching on machines, but some of us are still learning. And as most folks will agree, schools and certs only go so far. So if ya can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.

Cheers!

Ok people, heres one i just picked out of our local FreeAds paper;

Computer 486, Internet 56k modem, CDrom, MS Office for Windows 95 version 7.0 :- includes :Word, Power point, Excel, Schedule plus, Access, Paintshop Pro 5, games (several), 486DX2, 66mhz, 16MB ram upgradeable, CD rom, 14" SVGA monitor, sound blaster speakers, 516MB hard drive, only £395 ono.

Not sure of the exchange rate but i guess that must be about $550-600 USD! Perhaps i should give the seller a call, just to see if its gone or not ;-)
    orange

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning -+- Rich Cook

I think the best sales people are the people who build PC's, repair Pc's or work as tech support for Pc's.
    "The labor's free, it's your attitude that costs $120.00 an hour."

BS:IT, CCNA, MCP, MCTS, MCSA, MCITP:EA, A+, Network+, Security+, Server+, Project+, CIW

Bull-sh!t.
    By far the best Windows NT/Windows 2000 based servers are manufactured by Aopen.

Originally posted by DeaJae:
    how about this one, advertised in the local paper a few weeks back:

p133mhz
    16mb ram, win95, 12X cd, 4mb video, 4 gig hd, 56k modem.
    £2000
    that's $2,839.98 USD...but every penny worth it...I be running my kicking P133 with 16 megs of RAM and..*gasp* a 56K modem! Who needs a top-of-the-line Dell P4 when I can rock and roll with this baby?