People who SHOULDN'T be selling computers... - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: People who SHOULDN'T be selling computers...

When somebody asks me how much their computer is worth, I invite them to imagine what would happen to second hand car prices if everybody KNEW that next years model was sure to to be twice as fast and half the price of this year's model. I see this often, folks trying to sell a machine for more than a better specified new one costs, and worse still I get to see folks who BOUGHT one of these old clunkers without doing their homework first!
    I think I know just enough to know how much I don't know... I think...

Even my wife knows those are crappy deals! Thanks for the laughs, guys.

Talking

Bloody idiots!

Thumbs up

I have a salesman at work who thought he would sell two SUN servers for about $300.....I was pulling out my checkbook when I heard that!

Computer with a KTX colour monitor with a
    16.0Mb of RAM, 32 bit virtual memory, 88%
    free system resources, a great unit for a begin-
    ner or advanced user, it has Microsoft Windows
    1995 with Word 7.0, Excel 6.0, Access 6.0,
    Publisher 3.0, set-up for internet, $650 or near
    Offer NURIOOTPA 08-8562 1968 after 6pm

" . . .it has Microsoft Windows. . .

sounds like the Dell Commerical:
    " . . .Mr & Mrs. Peppercorn (or whatever); It's me Steve . . "

LOL-
    The early bird may get the worm; but the second mouse gets the cheese!

MR FEST

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I Kid you not!! If you don't beleive me, go to http://www.tradingpost.com.au and do a search, and ill post a scanner copy of the ad tomorrow.....seriously, this guy shouldnt be using a computer, let alone selling one ROFL

Yep, that sums up joe average Computer user, to make it worse it is probably an EDGE computers box. My fellow South Australians probably know what I mean.

cheers
    Life is highway, we all begin and end the same way. But everyones journey it unique

seriously, this guy shouldnt be using a computer, let alone selling one ROFL
    so it's an awesome computer. is that what you mean . Is that a good price then.
    i've only got 82% resouces free on mine.
    if you don't buy then Maybe I will
    LOL
    I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.

Unhappy

The sad part about this add, is that some dumb computer no nothing will buy this system thinking that he just got one hell of a deal. It's the same on ebay. In general the human race is a bunch of idiots. We should be run by bees, because they are much smarter!!

Man,,,,, they were only selling those systems 3 years ago... what a steal.... i guess i better get some cash and buy it..... .... I might as well call myself Jeremy

What was that phone number again????Wow,I can finally retire my 386,and get twice the amount of ram lmao.Now where is that check book???????By the way,is shipping included,any warranty...roflmao.By the way,that would make a good topic;find the worst pc for sale ad.

Originally posted by talltech:
    MR FEST

quote:

I Kid you not!! If you don't beleive me, go to http://www.tradingpost.com.au and do a search, and ill post a scanner copy of the ad tomorrow.....seriously, this guy shouldnt be using a computer, let alone selling one ROFL

Yep, that sums up joe average Computer user, to make it worse it is probably an EDGE computers box. My fellow South Australians probably know what I mean.

cheers
    Hey, another South Aussie - didn't know there were any others on these boards, cool

Yes, i know what your mean ....thank goodness edge is dead now.....

In my younger, kinder days I used to go into stores like the RS and would occassionally hear someone asking a salesperson a question. After lisitening to the answer I would tell the customer the real answer. Which was most often very different from what the salesperson said. My conclusion is that most of those selling computers souldn't be when there are so many used car lots out there with 'Help Wanted' signs hanging.
    When in doubt, blame the sales department!

Solkanar

Lol, that is too funny. I'm one of those guys that sells the junk on ebay. Instead of throwing stuff out there are people that will pay $10 for a broken 2 gig HD and $30 for a stack of busted 4X-12X CD-Roms. I don't mislead anyone but why throw it out when you can turn it into a little cash and increase your feedback rating for when you actually get something good to sell. Some people try too hard to save a buck or are too stupid. I'd say stop buying the busted stuff but I'd be killing a revenue source. lol

Originally posted by Lizardking:
    I have a salesman at work who thought he would sell two SUN servers for about $300.....
    No Way!! Get me the number of the wholesaler he was sourcing them from!!!

Live long, die rich, leave a 20yo widow...

"a great unit for a begin-
    ner or advanced user, "
    Wow that's really covering your bases! So it's a good computer for both idiot and genius. Where do I sign up?
    Yeah, my boss is jerk too, it's always, "Igor, go for brains, Igor go for sandwiches". I dunno, gimme another beer.