Pack it in!!!!

Thread: Pack it in!!!!

Post Pack it in!!!!

Just wondering, how many systems and hardware have you gotten into your vehicle at once?
    I went to a business once and salvaged their throw-aways. Have a 96 Cougar two door. Got 27 Desptop units, 6 monitors, box of about 35 keyboards, and a box of misc cards (150-200 nics). Pushing the springs and shocks to the max. Who needs a van?
    Oh, by the way, vans and pickups don't count!
    them - When I click on this it crashes.
    me - OK, reboot and let's troublesho...
    them - See, it did it again...
    me - sigh

A month ago I moved a law firm: two tower servers (Compaq Proliants, the 1600 variety), three monitors, three hubs, all their cables, a CD Tower, two UPSes, two keyboards and mice, all in my Subaru GL sedan, and with plenty of room to spare. Needless to say, I was a bit surprised I could get all that in there. I thought I'd have to make two trips.

------------------
    R. Bret Walker, CNE

Wondering what videos to rent this weekend? Check out The People's Reviews, movie reviews written for the people and by the people.
    R. Bret Walker, CNE
    (I'm not a Master Tech, but I play one on TV)

Wondering what videos to rent this weekend? Check out The People's Reviews, movie reviews written for the people and by the people.

I know this won't count, but... Isuzu Rodeo 27 monitors 13-17" 8 AT cases, 3 boxes of parts 9CD-roms, nics, cables ect) boxes were about 12X12X17

Man I don't do any of that in my car. Mess up my leather.

But. I did do a 200 system/monitor 50 printer 4 server setup at a law firm a couple years back. two 40ft Semi's. Took 4 of us a whole weekend to do it. Friday 6pm to monday 1am.

Law offices have some of the weirdest desks. a lot of the time was making longer patch cables, or working around some of the desk setups.

One stupid thing was a OLD (engraved with initals and 1885 on the bottom) Desk they had drilled a 3 inch hole in to make room for the computer cables.

[This message has been edited by jhutto (edited August 30, 2000).]
    ---
    Jon Hutto

On the same lines. . .I love walking into Best Buy or Circuit City and some moron is trying to fit a big screen TV in the back of a Honda Accord. "What the hell were you thinking?" And they keep shuffling it around like somehow if they turn it the right way it will fit. . .

[This message has been edited by ellingtond (edited August 30, 2000).]

i fit an epson 8500 and a tower case in the back seat of an 95 eclipse and 2 mid towers in the front seat. no trunk room though b/c of those damned JL audios ;]

------------------
    prompt$p$g [dos = elite]
    prompt $p$g [dos = elite]

MAYHEM

I got 3000 PC's into a yugo once... wait... no... that was Post Cards... Nevermind.

(I really need to take better notes, must be old age)

------------------
    There is no Spoon!

AnyTwo

Talking

ROFLMAO

Have you considered the circus as an alternate career opportunity? I've got a picture in my mind of what these overloaded cars must have looked like!

But alas, I must add my own. I once moved a semi-dismantled Honda Elsinore 250, a canoe, and my little sister (plus her luggage) in a 69' Plymouth Satellite from one end of Florida to the other - 13 hours. Everything was somewhat inside the car, nothing strapped on the roof or the trunk lid. I had to remove the rear seat and turn it sideways and upside down to get the canoe in, and about 3-4 feet of it still hung out the back. The front forks of the Elsinore hung out the left rear window.

Ahhhh, the good ol' days....

VW (not the bug or bus):

22 MID ATX cases... ([email protected] 3@ 3.5 external)
    5 @17" moniter....
    #????# keyboards, mice, ???
    4 laser printers
    (I did not move file cabinets or unused boxes of paper)
    And a couple of boxes of "stuff" (extra mice not being used, m-pads, old NICs, old printer and scanner cards (g_d I hate that old cr*p)!

It was a tight squeez (darn good thing the trunk was totally empty when I went over to move the units>
    DNRC- let the new world begin.